Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: Traintinker ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: the Bachmann 4-4-0ís.
Page: of 72

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  07:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, the coffee is on use the porcilin lined cups as it's extra strong today. Breakfast wise we have wafles, sausage links, maple syrup, and butter. It's cool and cloudy again today. Ihope everyone has a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  1:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pokin' my nose in to see what's what. Freezing spell continues up here north of 49. I'm putting a bottle of Bailey's out to smooth out the coffee and warm up the innards. Pre-XMas parties and preparations definitely putting a kink in the RR-making. Got some wood sitting in the garage ready to be assembled into benchwork but the idea of building in below-freezing weather... not very exciting.
Cheers,
Dave

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  6:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was truly a real shock to find out that Bill dies. It has been over a year since I posted anything and now I can.
Geezer was a true friend and fellow sailor. I used to post under the name fritz52 but I had a stroke last November and it wiped out the password I needed to do a lot f stuff. So needless to say, I was I shock whenI learned of a fellow modelers passing.
Right now my wife, son and Inare living in a nursing home here in beautiful downtown Rolla. We moved here last October and I had to sell most of the stuff that I aquired. But we plan on moving in February to Alabama. So I wish begin amassing stuff to build with down there. I hope you all have a happy new year and a blessed Christmas Day .
Fred Cotterell
Superintendent RGC

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  12:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all, Fred, it is good to hear from you. It has been a tough week here. Three of my adult children have all seen setbacks in their lives, hopefully things start looking up. It is currently 7 degrees here, more snow on the way. I just poured 3 fingers out of the green bottle, help yourselves.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  10:33:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Fred!
Bruce may be able to help you with your old user name, fritz52.

Off to work later...

Awfully quiet in this lounge lately. Coffee is on help yourself!

Philip

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  3:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip, thanks for the coffee. I brought croissants! Fred, I'm glad to hear that recovery is in the works for you. I wish you all the best. Steve, it's always tough when those you love are going through a rough patch. I wish you all the best. I'm just feeding my hunger to hobby by going through old Troels and Marty posts. :-)
Cheers,
Dave

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  5:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. Seems to me that an evening repast is in order here. In brought over some roast beef, sun dried tomato turkey breast and Swiss cheese plus Kaiser rolls for sandwhiches. Set out a red and green bottle for libation plus a 12 pack of Diet Coke and a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper cherry too.
Cold day in the Ozarks. Temps hovering around 25f all day. Grey overcast day too. repainted the roofs of my combines in a nice pavement black. Turned out nice. #128642;#128670;#128670;
Until later
Fred Cotterell
Superintendent
Rio Grande Central

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  5:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please ignore the random numbers. I dozed a little during typing#128526;

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  8:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Fred. Sorry I haven't been posting her much, my laptop is fighting this site for some reason.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  8:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey All, I'll have some Dr. Pepper and some snacks thanks Fred.
fRED, GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK.
Everyone have a good night.
Mark

W,L,&E

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  11:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  07:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  09:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and bagels, loks, cream cheese, sliced onions and tomatoes are ready.
IT's saturday and where are all the weekend modelers.
Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  09:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark, thanks for the coffee. I'm headed to the mostly now clean train room to find something to build for the challenge.

Smokestack Jack
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  11:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning gents! I hope you all have a great day. Larry, what kind of problems are you having with your computer on this site? I'm having problems when I type. I think it's a memory thing.
Fred, glad to see you posting again. I had what they called a "mini-stroke" 2 years ago. The doctors attributed it to high blood pressure. I didn't know you were in Rolla, that's not too far from where I live now. I'm not real crazy about the Ozarks, but it is nice in the summer time. Good luck to you in the future.

Page: of 72 Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: the Bachmann 4-4-0ís.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000