Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Along Fever Creek Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout
Page: of 69

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  08:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Mark.

Sorry for not dropping in for awhile but my wife received some very bad news on the health front that we have been dealing with so modeling is not high on the priority list right now but I am making slow (very slow) progress on the bridges for my modules.

I'll try to drop in more often.

Have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  09:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning!
Coffee in hand!

No problem Ron. Sorry to hear about your wife. Its been quiet here, not certain why. Mark has been opening the majority of the time.

A cold 19 this morning in Irvington. No real plans today except working night shift, back on schedule.

Ordered some cedar off e-bay to finish the roof on the Geezer project. Need to sit at the basement window 98 laptop (yeah98) and draw the addition for the Geezer. I'm glad their is no time restriction on the memorial.

Everyone have a great day!

Philip

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  12:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the coffee. Another day of shoveling wet snow. It's hovering around freezing so I anticipate snow turning to rain sometime this afternoon.
Take care, all. Best wishes for your wife Ron.
Dave

Edited by - David Clark on 12/10/2016 1:46:18 PM

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  4:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evvvvvvvvvvvvening,
I put a green bottle and some red on the counter. Where is Jerry Hiding?
Ron, sorry to hear about the Mrs.
No modeling for me this week, maybe tomorrow.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  10:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Larry, I'll have some o the redand for some strange reason the shot glass appeared down at the end of the bar. Jerry seems to have migrated to the crew lounge lately. I'm trying my best to keep things going, we'll see. Have a good night, I'LL BANK THE FIRE ON MY WAY OUT. Mark

W,L,&E

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  10:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all, Larry said "I put a green bottle and some red on the counter." If you mix those together, do you call it a "Mike and Ike." or perhaps a "Stop and Go." My poison of choice of late on the rare occasion when I do partake is an old fashioned made with Grand Traverse distillery's Cherry bourbon (very smooth), Penchaud bitters and my own cherries soaked in Kirschvasser, a German Cherry Liquor. I haven't had much time for model building, two many irons in the fire with the house remodeling. Ron, your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers, and Phillip, I hope that the vertigo improves. Good night all

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  10:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. I spent an enjoyable morning yesterday at Tom Sullivan's place running trains and making a video of his nice On30 layout. Here's a link to the videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPvjMIOPDB5ODin7dwG8Fcg

The videos were taken with an iPhone mounted on a Minuteman car. http://www.minutemanscalemodels.com/product-p/810.htm It's HO scale, but works fine on an On30 layout. I guess you can say I'm an owner of a piece of On30 rolling stock.

George

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  11:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning!

42 now looking at rain moving in.

We are off to the company Christmas party, should be interesting (bonus) hopefully we'll be back by 7pm. Jones-in for some bench time!

Nice video you took at Tom S. layout. Neat camera angle.

Later!

Philip

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  12:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon everyone,

It's a little late for breakfast but I put some coffee on.

George, thanks for the great video's of Sully's layout, was a treat to watch.

Going to spend some time today working on my modules, I need to get the second trestle built so I can get the track work finished.

Will check in tonight, have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  1:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George -- enjoyed the video of Sully's empire -- thanks for sharing.

Bill Uffelman

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  06:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, the fire has been stoked and the coffee is on with muffins on the counter. It's cold and rainy her this morning, what a drery monday. George, thanks for the video of Sullies layout. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  09:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Mark!

Same here in KY. Won some cedar roofing on ebay.
Building some fence for the GM project. I may never finish....slow she goes!

Thanks for the coffee.

Philip

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  10:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning!

Coffee is on. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast are ready.

Not much going on today, an overcast 37 and turning colder tonight. Had a little modeling time yesterday. My wife's jeep power steering hose was leaking, had to fix it and my old beater needed an oil change (293,000) miles.

Hope some folks chime in today!

Have a great day!

Philip

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  11:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, thanks for the coffee and breakfast Philip. I'm not feeling to good today, some kinda bug I guess. Cold and overcast here today, a lot like my mood. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  1:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! Sunny and cold here. Vancouver hasn't had a white Christmas in close to 10 years so there's some small hope that our snow might last another two weeks. I've been spending a lot of time going through old build posts and it's fascinating to see how they come together. Thanks for everyone who posts and thanks for this site!
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 69 Previous Topic: Along Fever Creek Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000