Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 91 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: LongHornCaddy2 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: The Cedar Mountain Railway
Page: of 55

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  12:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmm. I will partake (you can't have too many breakfasts!). Thanks. Pouring rain and miserable on the "Wet Coast" - a good day to stay in. Have a good one, folks.
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  10:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning! Coffee is on help yourself. Was looking around on youtube and found this mill video that is near my homestead. Someone said the main building fell in. Just terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6lh-AXqfl8

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 11/27/2016 10:37:16 AM

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  3:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - Fresh coffee is available and hot water is available for those who prefer tea. I have pancakes with treacle available for those who would like some.
It is 6:30 am Monday morning here at the Museum. I have a Powerpoint presentation to finish today for my Taiwan trip which starts Wednesday when I fly out of Brisbane bound for Taipei.
A friend of mine passed away earlier this year and I had been named in his Will to receive all his books, magazines and research notes. This material has now been delivered to my home - all 150 cartons of it. It is currently taking up one side of my two car garage under our house. Fortunately our 2-car carport will be finished today so our three cars (wife's, Raymond's and mine) can be housed under cover. My friend was a railway history researcher and had authored or co-authored several books on railways in South Africa, the Middle East and South America. It is through books that have been written by people such as my friend that we can gain ideas for modelling. There are many American authors that have written books about narrow gauge in the States that I collect and that have helped me in my inspiration for a Colorado layout.
Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  7:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David,
Sorry about your buddy, it sounds like you have have a lot to remember him with.

This little guy was today's project. It almost got tossed 5-6 times. I decided I need to finish a bunch of projects before I'm allowed to open a new kit.

So to keep a long day a short story, here goes.

After getting the entire structure glued on square, 2 hours work (three attempts) I went to test it and no sound.

I wasn't about to try to pull the structure off so plan b. Pull off just the back of the water tank.

Sure enough the speaker wire came unsoldered.

What to do, the speaker was under two circuit boards with one screwed in. After some head scratching I drilled three holes in the roof to allow screwdriver access.

Speaker resoldered... then hockey take to the rescue. I used black stick tape to make a canvas roof to cover the hole I had to drill.

Rear of tank glued back in.

I need to finish the junk and weathering but at least this is no longer a box of parts.

Green bottle is on the counter and my glass is poured.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  8:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey All, I opened a bottle of red cheers Larry. Larry, great job on the loco. David have fun going thru the memoreys. Good night All. Mark

W,L,&E

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  06:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and buckwheat cakes, sausage ptties, eggs, butter and syrup are ready. Tipical monday for me, so no modeling. Everyone have a great dy. Mark

W,L,&E

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  09:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry,

Great day to you and I'm glad you got your car back in working order. It is far too great a model to toss it out.

I would like to say thank you for beginning the thread to honor Bill. It has gotten me motivated into making something again after a modeling "slump", and I too have a bunch of projects that never got completed. Our time is short, especially mine after working for 50 years, and still getting up at 5.
Rich

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  1:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry David.

I also have many shelf orphans that are finished or undone.

Nice looking Shay Larry! I have 2 of those...undone MDC conversions. A pain indeed but they make a neat tiny shay compared to Bachmann!

Philip

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2016 :  07:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and the fire stoked and hot cinabons on the counter. I think we all have our share of shelf queens. LOL Have a great day All. Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/29/2016 :  1:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmmm. Cinnabons! How many times have I said "not buying anything until I finish what I have!". I need deadlines. Having a painting competition or other deadline always helped. When I had a hobby store, I would hold "Paint of Die" events. People would register their gaming army, and pledge to paint so many points per week or month and post pictures of their progress. It gave them something to work towards and got their stuff painted. Anyway, back to the cinnabons.............
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2016 :  6:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a leftover Cinnabon. Thanks David.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  07:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MORNING ALL, coffee is on next one in can fix breakfast as I stopped off on the way in t the crew lounge. I invited anyone who wanted to stop down so you ll be hospitable. Well I'm off for my chair tine, have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  2:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been that kind of month - non-stop rain and chilly so I put a bottle of Bailey's out to warm up the coffee. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  6:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks dave.

Where is everyone? Food comas?

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  06:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, Tim HORTINS IS ON THE STOVE AND THE FIRE STOKED TO TAKE THE CHILL OFF. We have bagels with locs, cream cheese, and jelly ready. Larry, I'm trying to keep it going, we just need more lurkers to chime in. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

Page: of 55 Topic Next Topic: The Cedar Mountain Railway  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 2.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000