Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: tillerman1 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: East coast narrow gauge Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale
Page: of 39

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  06:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the new lounge, renamed in memory of our dear friend, Bill "Geezer" Andersen who passed away, a while ago.

As you notice, this is a bigger, newer lounge, with a bigger refrigerator, and a longer counter for those who enjoy drinks. The seat at the far end of the counter shall always remain empty, in memoriam.

Otherwise, welcome! Hopefully someone remembers to bring the socks.
Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  07:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, thanks for opening the new lounge Arthur GEEZER WOULD BE PROUD OF OUR NEW DIGS. COFFEE IS ON AND ASSORTED MUFFINS AND DANISH ARE ON THE COUNTER. SOMEBODY ELSE WILL HAVE TO BRING HE SOCKS I;m not touchin them. EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY AT THE NEW GEEZER'S LOUNGE. Mark

W,L,&E

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  10:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea Arthur, with a new lounge to remember the Geezer. I'll have to rise a glass to the empty seat at the end. I've always left the On30 lounge for you dark side modelers. But now I've infiltrated your lounge to honor the Geezer.
Good morning all, and have a safe day.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  6:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friday night here at the beach -- it was a beautiful day but weather guessers say i will start raining tonight and turn cold for tomorrow. Have had a first glass of wine left over from last evening and will open a new bottle for the dinner that the boss is preparing. Had planned to insulate the RR room today but like all good plans it did not happen - it will get done this weekend!

Be safe.

Bill Uffelman
Ocean View DE

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  7:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evenin' Folks!

Like Louis, I'm an infiltrator here, but having just seen a notation that global wine production is tanking due to climate changes, since I live in wine country, I've brought in a case of Cab-Merlot, which I am sure you will put to good use. The open one is right there on the counter, breathing.

Very nice digs here-- a tribute to the Geezer himself.

Make it a great day!

Pete
in Michigan

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  9:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur thanks for establishing a new larger lounge.

Pete I will join you for a glass.

Had a nice relaxing day at the beach. I pulled out my 13 foot skeleton kit for fun and had it dancing.

Cheers Geezer.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  10:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll join you all in a glass of the merlot. Good night al Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  01:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers!

Philip

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  07:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll join you all in a glass of the merlot. Good night al Mark

W,L,&E

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  08:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good Morning all,
You know the new lounge needs a puppy...can we have a puppy?

I like the tribute to the Geez we should set him a place at a table or at the bar...mark it as his.

You all have a good day, I need to get over my cold.

Les

ChiloquinRuss
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChiloquinRuss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, good morning, good . . . . my goodness it echos in here!

So we're having our annual pumpkin run here at Train Mountain, some 3,000 little kiddees are due and the sun is coming out BUT right now it's 29 and the TRACK is iced over! Kinda hard to run trains on really slippery track and no we don't have sanders!

Like the look of the new place, hope ya'll have a great day! Russ

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  12:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

I put a pot of coffee on. A lot cooler here today but still made it to the beach today, I'm learning that it is never too cold to go to the beach.

Have a wedding to go to later today.

Have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  1:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've posted very few times here but will visit more often to honor Geezer the man. Much nicer digs by the way than in the Crew Lounge.

He did email me often when I was going through my medical issues, very much missed.

A sip from the green.

TomO

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  1:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tom, et all,
Yes the Geez emailed a lot of us, he seemed to know when we needed a bit of a pick me up, I know I appreciated the check in, the kick in the pants...the new digs will be enjoyed, I think we need to dedicate the corner over by the window to Vern...a place where we can work on our background stories of our RRs.

Les

Guff
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  9:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just visiting the lounge but what a great way to honor Bill.
Well done!
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2016 :  10:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess I am first here -- only coffee for me -- forgot that we are headed to Brunch with neighbors so need to save the calories! Insulation in the RR room will have to wait.

Chilly but sunny day here at the beach. Hope you all have a good day.

Bill Uffelman
Ocean View DE

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: East coast narrow gauge Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000