Railroad Line Forums - Ambroiding along....
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Rolling Stock: the Car Shops
 Ambroiding along....
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: All Nation C&O Hopper Topic Next Topic: Tyco 1890 Passenger Cars
Page: of 3

CavalryTrooper25
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  1:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is your pay car HO scale? Reason I ask, is that yours is very different than both of mine. Mine sit lower, and the windows on the side with the external walkway have bars, like old bank teller windows, with a small cutout at the bottom to pass out the cash. There are also barred window castings for the windows on the opposite side of the car as well. Also, at the end of the walkway (mid car), there is another set of steps to dismount the car. This allowed employees to form a line, mount the car, pass through the pay windows, then leave without entering the actual car, or having to go back through the line up of employees. This is how the PRR, and I would suppose most, if not all railroads paid their employees into, and in some cases beyond WWII.

Horse

Edited by - CavalryTrooper25 on 03/17/2017 5:31:49 PM

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  7:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work on the cars.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  4:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CavalryTrooper25

Is your pay car HO scale? Reason I ask, is that yours is very different than both of mine. Mine sit lower, and the windows on the side with the external walkway have bars, like old bank teller windows, with a small cutout at the bottom to pass out the cash. There are also barred window castings for the windows on the opposite side of the car as well. Also, at the end of the walkway (mid car), there is another set of steps to dismount the car. This allowed employees to form a line, mount the car, pass through the pay windows, then leave without entering the actual car, or having to go back through the line up of employees. This is how the PRR, and I would suppose most, if not all railroads paid their employees into, and in some cases beyond WWII.

O scale. Those additional details would be nice to have had in the box and in the instructions.

Could be added....

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: All Nation C&O Hopper Topic Next Topic: Tyco 1890 Passenger Cars  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000