Railroad Line Forums - Paul Scoles Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 167 ]  [ Total: 167 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The Sn3 Branch
 Paul Scoles Layout
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Outside Braced Caboose Progress Topic Next Topic: Slim Gauge Guild : a great Sn3 layout  

Jerry Martin
New Hire

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  11:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would someone know what became of Paul's layout? Having been absent from Mrr'ng for a good while I have not kept up with things or seen any publications so was wondering if it still exists? I was very sad to hear Paul had passed away as he was a friend and great guy.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  2:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roger Nulton from the S-scale Monon, on June 17th 2015 had this to say;
The 2015 Sn3 Symposium was the last time for modelers to view the late Paul Scoles model railroad. He had passed a few months prior and his widow was kind enough to keep the layout open for one last show case of the layout. Quite a gesture to keep the layout and host all of us in the home. The local modelers ran a few trains and talked to all of us who came to visit each day.
The free-lanced Sn3 layout represents a 1895-1900 railroad running inland from the Northern California coast. It has been well published in many model railroad magazines including NG&SLG, RMC, and MR and MRP (probably more). Additionally Paul created and sold DVD's about his scenery techniques and operations on the railroad.
Itís my understanding that the layout has now come down and been auctioned off in some way shape or form. I know one person who was very appreciative to acquire two of his locomotives and some rolling stock to get started on his own freelanced railroad!

For pictures and write-up see here; https://sn2modeler.com/2015/06/17/2015-sn3-symposium-paul-scoles/

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  3:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sigh... I really wanted to meet Paul and see his layout. I was very saddened to hear of his passing a couple years ago.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Outside Braced Caboose Progress Topic Next Topic: Slim Gauge Guild : a great Sn3 layout  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000