Railroad Line Forums - Promised Update...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Promised Update...
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Upgrading a Pocher boxcar Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Page: of 54

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  10:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andre!!! What's you doing?

It's only make-believe

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  09:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob!

Thanks for asking.

I'm saving up my hobby funds for my next major purchase: A second complete NCE R/C DCC system. Amid that, I've also got to spend some of my hobby funds for some motorcycle upkeep things (about $200-$300 worth) in advance of riding season that's only a few weeks away.

SO... I'm avoiding my model railroad train hobby for now so as not to be tempted to spend on items that will prolong the saving mode.

Typically, I use my V scale interest to piddle with as I await for such funds/etc. That said, I'm in the process of putting in the last few miles of track to replicate the St. Louis & North Arkansas railroad as it was from about 1903 to mid-1906. (The StL&MA morphed into the Missouri & North Arkansas when it started their final expansions in 1906.) SO, as per the prototype, "my" virtual St.L&NA/M&NA runs from Seligman, MO, to Leslie, AR, some 121 miles or so. I used track charts and all the data I could get my hands on to make this as accurate as reasonably practical. I also intend to share this route project with those interested among my V scale friends.

So, there you have it!

Andre

Edited by - OK Hogger on 09/05/2019 09:18:00 AM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  1:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Understand the need for mature fiscal management. I played with track plans and CAD drawing in such times. But, basic scenery (paper towel, plaster of Paris over a lactic of cardboard strips) was cheap too. A lot cheaper than foam That's for sure and with a cheap drop cloth, a lot easier to clean up.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2019 :  6:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A little care on the fiscal side also helps prevent expensive mistakes, extravagances and unthought out purchases.

Mike

Page: of 54 Previous Topic: Upgrading a Pocher boxcar Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000