Railroad Line Forums - Promised Update...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Promised Update...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR Topic Next Topic: New W&N
Page: of 54

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/26/2019 :  9:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys!

Yes, Bob, you are correct. I should be happy with what I've accomplished instead of disappointed that I didn't accomplish more, and quicker. I need to quit fixating on accomplishing tasks (not really a plus), instead I need to try to focus more on simply enjoying the journey.

Mike:

Are you using a saw blade? (Not a knife edge, right?) Fine tooth? I'll look tomorrow to see what I'm using. Perhaps take a picture of the pack w/brand name/etc.

Yes, cutting with the saber saw produces boogers, but not the dust of the circular saw.

Plans have changed for tomorrow. Probably won't be much progress on the layout. Perhaps that's a good thing: Slow down, catch my breath, and when I return to it, enjoy it. (Instead of getting all revved up from feeling the compulsion to MAKE PROGRESS.)

All fer now!

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2019 :  10:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes. Itís a saw blade, relatively fine-toothed. Iíve never gotten around to getting a knife blade. Partly because I have a garage to contain the mess.

Mike

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here 'ya go Mike:

Like I said previously: The only time I tried a knife edge blade there was minimal dust, but it was painfully slow.

Way too slow for my work pace.

EDIT: 10TPI = 10 Teeth Per Inch.

Andre

Edited by - OK Hogger on 06/27/2019 10:43:02 AM

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  1:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...

Got the creek bed installed yesterday afternoon. Didn't have time to take a load of plywood/Homasote scrap cuttings to the dump before they closed. Hit the ground running this morning shortly after 8 AM and started having "fun" cleaning/prepping a surplus vehicle we have prior to marketing it for sale. (That ALWAYS takes longer than one would think.) I still need to do the interior. (Just finished with lunch.)

Don't know if I'll have time to load the scrap and get to the dump before it closes or not, but this much I know: Ain't gonna' be no layout pics until the mess is cleaned up!

All fer now.

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  3:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OK Hogger

Ain't gonna' be no layout pics until the mess is cleaned up!

Aw, come on. Some of us like to see the nitty gritty.

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 06/28/2019 3:38:23 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  4:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

quote:
Originally posted by OK Hogger

Ain't gonna' be no layout pics until the mess is cleaned up!

Aw, come on. Some of us like to see the nitty gritty.

For a fact, YES!

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  5:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Youíre up the creek now, Andre.

We want an Ozark reality show.

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  6:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooo... Mike's punny again today! Up the creek...

Okay... 'ya want clutter? 'Ya want it down and dirty??

Here's the lower level creek bed in place. Final trimming will happen when the fascia goes in.

Be sure to note the clutter up on the top level!

And here's some of the construction mess on the other side of the peninsula in the cutting area...

Be sure to take notice of the sawdust and mess on the floor and the sawdust and Homasote dust on the FM receiver/etc! Don't miss a thing!

I will start in the morning on the cleaning up along with a trip to the dump. Come tomorrow afternoon, I ought to be finished, or so I hope.

Then it's the last of the track laying, baby!

Andre

Edited by - OK Hogger on 06/28/2019 6:23:34 PM

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/29/2019 :  11:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you that have dirty minds (and you know who you are), here's the last of it before I shoveled it into a box and leaving for the dump...

Andre

Edited by - OK Hogger on 06/29/2019 11:52:48 AM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2019 :  12:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep some of those bigger pieces. especially the straight ones. They come in handy latter. Just IMHO.

Bob

It's only make-believe

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/29/2019 :  1:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob.

I did. In fact, I have a hard time throwing any scraps away. I had to make myself throw away the stuff that's in that pile in the last pic. I never know just what I'll need in the future, so I tend to hoard if I'm not careful.

However, I've got a goodly selection of both plywood and Homasote cutoffs as well as one entire sheet of Homasote.

Lunchtime's over... back out to the Hut to keep cleaning. Down to the slow-piddly now. However, I should have it cleaned and ready for track laying by later this afternoon.

All fer now!

Andre

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/29/2019 :  10:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finished the clean up this afternoon then took the Mrs out to eat supper. Once home I went back out and repaired the damaged track section (I had snagged it with a piece of plywood in that last sawdust phase), then set in and cleaned all existing track. That done, I laid out the switches where they belong (to make sure I have what I need) and called it a night.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll start in on the last track & basic wiring phase. However, this time I think I'm going to pull the bus wires first so I can power the sections as I complete them. That way I get a break from track laying as well as the fun of testing the newly laid track. Doing it this way, once I reach the end at the north stage area, ALL the track will be powered. I like that idea.

I suspect I'll start the actual track laying sometime tomorrow evening, or surely by Monday.

Fella's, the track laying phase is fixin' to wind down. Completion of that phase is in sight.

Some pics...

All fer now!

Andre

Edited by - OK Hogger on 06/29/2019 10:49:14 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2019 :  11:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good. ready for more track.

It's only make-believe

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/30/2019 :  9:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ran all my bus wires under all the upper level shelving. I had ONE FOOT of each color (red and black) left out of their 50' spools of 14 gauge wire! While I was stringing the bus wires, I also cut hot spots for the feeders to attach. All is ready for track and feeders. That process will begin in the morning.

All fer now!

Andre

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 07/01/2019 :  12:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you soldering to the bus line or using suitcase or some other connections?

Bob

It's only make-believe

Page: of 54 Previous Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR Topic Next Topic: New W&N  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.51 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000