Railroad Line Forums - Maine Highlands
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Maine Highlands
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: B&M Eastern Route progress Topic Next Topic: Port of Los Angeles Layout
Page: of 7

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2016 :  4:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Humm, Im probably being too picky but there is a poster of LBJ who was president from 1963 to 1969 and a 60s peace sign right next to a poster of a 55 or 56 Ford in excellent condition. Houston I think we have a problem.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2016 :  4:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

Humm, Im probably being too picky but there is a poster of LBJ who was president from 1963 to 1969 and a 60s peace sign right next to a poster of a 55 or 56 Ford in excellent condition. Houston I think we have a problem.

Selective time compression.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2016 :  4:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old bridge.

"there's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear"

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  4:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't posted anything for a week or so since most of my time has been spent working under the table installing Atlas switch machines.
I know "they sure aren't very prototypical", better than the ones that go on top of table though, but remember I'm the guy who has a poster of a brand new 50's car on the same bridge as an LBJ poster. (Sarcasm)
Anyway, on my last HO layout I used Tortise switch machines and loved them except for the expense. On my N layout I decided not to use any switch machines and found it to be a pain chasing the trains around to throw switches. So that brings us to the under the table switch machines. I ended up using two control boxes for several of the machines to avoid using the duck under as much as possible. Now, when the mood strikes me, I'll be able to just sit back and watch the trains.
Time to get started on some buildings. First up will be the Campbell Supply Company which I hope to get to this weekend.

As always comments and suggestions always welcome.

Dave

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  8:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the water: Did you add any additional color to the realistic water, or is it straight out of the bottle?

ted :<)

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/07/2016 :  06:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

I like the water: Did you add any additional color to the realistic water, or is it straight out of the bottle?

I used Woodland Scenics water undercoat as the base color. At first glance I thought it would be too dark but after putting it down and adding the realistic water it really captures the look of a slow moving river. I cross the Penobscot River a couple of times a week and the color has turned out spot on.

Dave

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/07/2016 :  7:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about a couple of additional pixs of the water'..if you have a chance, I'd really appreciate seeing more detailed shots'...of it.
I also like the trestle and signs'..

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  7:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a little slack recently but I have made some progress on the Campbell Supply kit. Got the base/floor finished.

And the roofs shingled. Apparently the roofers have found it easier to get the shingles applied
while the roofs were laying flat. Can't wait to see how they are going to form the peaks!

Hopefully I will have another progress report for you soon.

As always comments and suggestions always welcome,

Dave

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/30/2016 :  3:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The warehouse section of the Campbell Supply building is finished except for some of this and some of that. Pictures -

Next up the shed & office sections.

As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Dave

Edited by - mainetrains on 07/30/2016 3:35:07 PM

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2016 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got some finished pictures of my build of the Campbell Scale Models supply company.

Now some 'nighttime' pictures. I am using the Woodland Scenics Just Plug Lighting System to illuminate the scene. I really like the wall mount lights you'll see above the office door and the back loading door. On my last HO layout I had made that type of light myself but this is so much more convenient and doesn't cost that much more in the long run.

As always I would love to get your comments and suggestions!

Dave

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2016 :  07:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The night shots look really good.

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2016 :  3:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike.

Dave

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2016 :  6:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the WS street lights'. And nice to see some color on a structure, as everything wasn't and isn't brown'... LOL'... Good job'.

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2016 :  04:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any pictures to share, I have to get the camera out, but I noticed it's been over a month since I last posted anything so I figured I should give you an update before I got pushed off the first page.
I have been doing some of this and some of that.
Built some cabins for the far end of the layout along the river. Also I am finishing up the Walther's Clayton County Lumber yard. Trying to make a plastic kit not look like a plastic kit. It's a four structure kit which I am going to split up. Two buildings in one area of the layout and the other 2 in a different area.
I've also been making some more super trees. Need to get as many as I can finished since my drying/painting area for the trees will be unusable once the colder weather really settles in - 36 degrees yesterday morning.
I have put in the road leading to the Campbell Supply Company and done some more sceniking along the river.
There, I guess that gets you caught up for the most part. I promise some pictures before long.

Dave

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2016 :  09:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Posting your progress is helpful to us readers. I'd missed the completion of your Campbell's kit, which looks good. I can picture the boxcars spotted in front of the loading area.

Like you I can feel the colder weather moving in. Time to move my paint booth out of the garage and finish those woodworking projects so that I can park the car indoors.

Looking forward to pictures, though. I know they will come.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: B&M Eastern Route progress Topic Next Topic: Port of Los Angeles Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000