Railroad Line Forums - Jordan Highway Miniatures closed,end of an era...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Poul Low Moller ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Jordan Highway Miniatures closed,end of an era...
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Latest video - Update#11 Starting our river scene Topic Next Topic: Monday happy spring lounge
Page: of 2

Andy Rez
New Hire

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  10:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andy Rez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this goes here but...

Some sad news for you folks that use Jordan Highway Miniatures on your layouts...

Jordan Highway Miniatures has CLOSED. A buddy of mine just received a letter back from them instead of the parts he was looking for.
The letter stated, and this summarized, Jordan Jackson died, and in his will, he requested that the company be closed and NOT be offered for sale, and assets be distributed in the family...

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  11:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terrible news'. Jordan, and his products will be surely missed.
Another tragic loss to the modeling world'..

Ted

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  11:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoa, that sucks on both counts.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  07:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Jordan died on Feb. 19, 2016 at the young age of 73.

http://www.lynchandsonsbrighton.com/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=777995#/obituaryInfo

A true craftsman offering reasonably priced kits of highly detailed vehicles...

As a big fan/user of his kits, I believe it would be a shame to see his amazing product line disappear altogether.

If company assets are past to the family, perhaps they could sell some of his molds for the kits to another plastic injection company?

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  08:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a shame to hear about Jordan Jackson, and we as Railroad modelers will loose not just a fine person, but some well made kits. It is to bad that someone in the family could not have taken over. Their vehicles right on down to the horse and wagons he offered for HO scale modelers will not be found anywhere else for the price and quality he put out. His passing on, and the loss of his Company is a large blow to all of us!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  09:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's sad. I wonder why he wouldn't have wanted the product line to continue? I've only completed 1 Jordan car with 1 in the works and 2 still boxed. Tedious but fun.

Joe <><

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  09:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is indeed a shame to see the product line end. If I'm not mistaken Mr. Jackson was a son or second generation owner of the business rather than the founder. Lots of their products all over the hobby. It would sure be nice if someone was able to restart the line. Watch the prices go crazy online for them.

BE SAFE!!
Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  10:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

It is indeed a shame to see the product line end.................. Watch the prices go crazy online for them.

You are right there Karl. I'm already seeing "product discontinued when sold out" on some places. That's when the prices will hit the roof.
I really liked there horses and wagons for my era layout. Getting kits just for the horses and wagon wheels was worth the prices. Now that will be a thing of the past like so many other things in this hobby of ours.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  10:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louis, Karl, I've said this before. Seems this generation has no appreciation for this type of activity, or the history involved. Not all but mostly in general. If its not electrified, there is no interest'...

Ted

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  10:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well this is sad news to read about indeed.
I think of Jordan vehicles as a staple in our model train worlds.
I would hope that some manufacturer somewhere would see the value, in picking up this line and keeping these little gems available to all.
Many thanks to the Jackson family, who produced these fine little kits for our enjoyment for many many years!
I can't imagine my modeling world without them still around.

Greg Shinnie

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  11:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping someone like Don Tichy could take over the Jordan line. This is sad news.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  3:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sadden by this. I have enough of his wagons for my needs but the coming generations won't. Time for the horders and greedy turners to buy all they can to sell latter.

It's Only Make Believe

Bob Harris

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  5:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sad to hear. Makes me wonder why he didn't want to sell the product line. In a way this sounds kind of selfish. Hobbylinc has three pages of Jordan Products all labeled "sold out". Wonder how much the 15 ton Mack locomotives will go for on E-bay. I've got four or five that I plan to motorize one of these days.

Bernd

Jeff G
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  5:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I read somewhere (MR or MR Hobbyist?) that someone in the family had intended to continue producing the line. I hope this is the case. I can understand someone who is afraid that the quality/reputation of the company name would suffer if it continued under different ownership, but it really would be a shame to see the line disappear.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  9:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All, according to the obituary, Jordan had no children of his own. Only nephews and nieces. A long time girlfriend and her 3 children. He was never married. So perhaps, it appears there was no one to leave the business to. Kinda of makes sense if you look at from his view point...

Ted

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/27/2016 :  2:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BUMMER....

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Latest video - Update#11 Starting our river scene Topic Next Topic: Monday happy spring lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000