Railroad Line Forums - The Town
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 100 ]  [ Newest Member: PMStrains ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 The Town
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Original Kittom Lumber Company. Volume II
Page: of 18

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  06:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice progress want to see more , nice sunday

Frank The Cowboybilly

Grabnet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  07:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the perfect "shadow box" effect and will really highlight your next build. Good job!!!

Doc Tom

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  07:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  10:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kumard why don't you plan a trip to sunny Florida and give me some assistance on my backdrop options. You seem to have it under control.

kumard
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  2:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit kumard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks all.

Cowboybilly >> nice progress want to see more , nice Sunday >> Thanks Frank. I'm actually going to switch to The Depot for the next couple of weeks to finish off things there. However today, Sunday, I'm going to take off from all modelling railroading and spend much needed time with the family. My wife made the observation that I can install a lighting system on my model railway in a week but the light switch in the bathroom upstairs has been broken for months. Message received dear!!

Grabnet >> That is the perfect "shadow box" effect and will really highlight your next build. >> Thanks Tom. I want to avoid the mistakes of The Depot and get the infrastructure done before anything else. Not having a solid wiring and control system for The Depot added nearly four months onto the end of that project. As you may have seen this year I had to redo the wiring and controller system. Also, I have to revisit the lighting on The Depot since it was kind of 'jerry-rigged' into place last year and left several dark areas that show up in photos. I learned a lot from this current project and want to apply the same lessons to The Depot.

Frank >> Kumard why don't you plan a trip to sunny Florida and give me some assistance on my backdrop options. You seem to have it under control. >> Frank I would love to visit Florida one day - I'll let you know if I ever manage to plan a trip. I'm planning a very fast trip to the the upper Midwest - my geography is a bit fuzzy but maybe I'll land in the Twin Cities and then drive through Great Plains. It would be no more than a three day day trip to get a feel for the landscape and visit some small towns.

http://thedepotonline.com/

Edited by - kumard on 08/28/2016 3:05:06 PM

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  7:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kumard I thought you might like this picture of a SOO loco. It's from the Weathering Shop.

Here's the link to the whole file.

http://www.theweatheringshop.com/mikesoo2412.html

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 09/06/2016 7:21:19 PM

kumard
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  10:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit kumard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh wow, that is fantastic. Thanks Frank. That's a whole other level of excellence and definitely something to aim for when I next do a round of weathering. This past year has mainly been hardware projects and I'm itching to get back to some real modelling. Btw I've been following your own weathering projects with great interest. Keep up the good work.

Edited by - kumard on 09/07/2016 11:35:37 AM

nevadablue
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  12:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great thread! Thank you for sharing the design, research and building. Nice work!

kumard
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  10:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit kumard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks nevadablue.

I'll be posting again in a week or so when the next items are finished. I'm currently building an integrated lighting and control panel. I'm waiting for parts right now and I'm working on The Depot in the meantime.

I managed to find a space in my den to house the layout. I purchased a table (from Craigslist) on which it will sit. The layout will live here until I build the cabinet to house all the layouts together. I'm back working on The Depot this week.

Edited by - kumard on 09/07/2016 5:37:25 PM

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  3:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They will look great together.

Bryan

kumard
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  5:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit kumard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks brownbr.

The goal is to have them all stacked:

I want to build the cabinet sooner than later but I think it will be early next year before I can get to that project.

Edited by - kumard on 09/07/2016 5:18:42 PM

vwrabbit
New Hire

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking great! Love the idea of stacking all 3 together. Do you have plans to connect them end to end at all?

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  08:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Do you have plans to connect them end to end at all?"

That would make a great panoramic picture!

Mike

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  2:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

Kumard I thought you might like this picture of a SOO loco. It's from the Weathering Shop.

Here's the link to the whole file.

http://www.theweatheringshop.com/mikesoo2412.html

Frank, I sent you an email'...

Ted

kumard
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  3:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit kumard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim/vwrabbit Love the idea of stacking all 3 together. Do you have plans to connect them end to end at all?
Mike /Tyson RaylesThat would make a great panoramic picture!

>> Tim, the longer term plan is that my wife and I buy a bigger house - at which point I would have a large space to have them side by side. Something like this:

However for the moment I'm stuck in a medium-sized house in the woods in Northern California (I'm not complaining, it's very nice) with very little hobby space. So for the time being I'll be stacking them and that's a project for early next year.

BTW for anyone following along, I've been quiet the last few weeks but behind the scenes I've been very busy trying to get to grips with Templot - the track designing software. I'm writing a post tomorrow evening with the results. I'm currently working on The Depot and will also be posting progress on that layout in a couple of days.

Edited by - kumard on 10/01/2016 4:19:10 PM

Page: of 18 Topic Next Topic: Original Kittom Lumber Company. Volume II  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000