Railroad Line Forums - North Coast Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 146 ]  [ Total: 148 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 North Coast Railroad
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: San Juan Central Topic Next Topic: Modeling an entire roster... White Deer & Loganton
Page: of 22

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow David. Very impressive. Erasing in Paint is a long tedious job, well done.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  11:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work on the electrical David.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  12:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Frank, yes it took a long time. I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, parts 1 & 2.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  8:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The harbor control panel now has all the turnout direction LEDs in place and wired up. Having use DPDT switches with center off made the results interesting.

You can see the increased volume of wire in this shot, compared to the previous pics. It still requires the pairs on wires going out to each Tortoise turnout motor to be added.

So here's a shot with the Whole thing lit up like a Christmas tree. You can see the intended path coming into the area from the top left down to the bottom right by following the green lights.

Here's the trick of what I have wired in by using DPDT with center off. AS can be seen in the next two shots, if they are centered to make all lights off, it becomes incredibly easy to see routes.

The machines are not yet hooked to see if the rails will hold position using the center off position, no power to the Tortoise, or if they will cause issues.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  12:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

You’ve selected an interesting way to do this with the center off switches. My assumption is that the Tortoise machines hold their position until polarity is reversed.

Mike

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  9:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Apparently the was a data crash here on the forum over the last 48 hours, as several topics are missing posts, including this one.

I have finished the turnout controls and LEDs for the harbor control panel. for awhile. Here's the "final" results using the 25 pin "D" computer connectors.

Although it still needs block wiring, I'm burned out on wiring for awile, and will be headed to the 2019 Tribute challenge to pay homage to two great modelers.

Page: of 22 Previous Topic: San Juan Central Topic Next Topic: Modeling an entire roster... White Deer & Loganton  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000