Railroad Line Forums - North Coast Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 144 ]  [ Total: 147 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 North Coast Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: San Juan Central Topic Next Topic: Modeling an entire roster... White Deer & Loganton
Page: of 22

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/09/2018 :  11:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, after this weekend I now have three new friends. Thanks to Bernd, Mike, and Rich for spending their day in Rochester, aat the RIT train show, lunch at Danny's,and a visit to the North Coast Rilroad.

Rich brought a few if his excellently made models to show us. After a bit a good natured ribbing about finding flaws in his work, (in other words, busting his balz) we came to this conclusion about his scratchbuilt version of Emporium Sea Food.

Given our own personal remembrances of coastal visits in our long years gone by, our conclusion was there wasn't enough seagull poop on the roofs

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 12/12/2018 07:13:47 AM

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  08:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David J Buchholz

Well, after this weekend I now have three new friends. Thanks to Bernd, Mike, and Rich for spending their day in Rochester, atvtje RIT rain show, lunch at Danny's,and a visit to the North Coast Rilroad.

Same here. Dave lives close by and Rich lives in a town my parents had friends in. Close enough for a visit someday. Now Mike lives a little further, but the wife wants to make a trip to Cass again someday and we would definitely have to stop and say Hi to Mike.

quote:
Rich brought a few if his excellently made models to show us. After a bit a good natured ribbing about finding flaws in his work, (in other words, busting his balz) we came to this conclusion about his scratchbuilt version of Emporium Sea Food.

The models are even more amazing to view in person. Excellent modeling.

quote:
Given our own personal remembrances of coastal visits in our long years gone by, our conclusion was there wasn't enough seagull poop on the roofs

I think Rich modeled constipated sea gulls.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  09:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Saturday was a fine day indeed. New friends and I saw some very nice modeling. Iím sure Richís modeling will be much improved after our diplomatic analysis of his work.

Thank you Dave for hosting us and for providing liquid refreshment.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  10:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Her's a few pics of visitors to the North Coast Railroad

Martins Machine works traveled north to shores of Lake Ontario. If you have never seen one of these buildings up close, they are HUGE, and dominate the landscape.

Bernd, Rich and Mike

When you consider that Rich's models (pennman) are not kits, but scratchbuild versions of craftsman kits, this is amazing work. Bernd Mike and I were considering calling the police with some made up story to get Rich arrested, then and draw straws for which diorama we each get to keep.

More pics of the tour soon.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 12/10/2018 11:17:37 PM

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  08:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To see the models up close and in person was a great pleasure. I agree with Dave on his assessment of Rich's models.

I would have made off with the model in the last picture if our plan would have worked.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  09:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Way to go Rich. Sounds like you got out of there just in the nick of time. Right before that dastardly crew would have made off with your treasures.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  09:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our plot fell through when we couldnít decide who would hold the straws.

Mike

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  09:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always nice to see forum members get together, to share their passion of this hobby with each other.
I'm just glad that Rich & his dioramas made it out of there without an incident happening.

Greg Shinnie

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  10:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok fella's, now it's my turn...
I had a great time Saturday, amist of the fun and joking around, which most railroad enthusiasts do upon meeting for the first time. It's scarier than one might think, but I did manage to get out of there unscathed.

Here is a picture of the "Fabulous Four" !

Far left is Bernd, me in the back, Michael, and Dave on the far right.

Perhaps we should make plans to meet again. Thanks for being such a fine host Dave..

Rich

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  2:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pennman

Perhaps we should make plans to meet again. Thanks for being such a fine host Dave..

Rich

I'm up for that idea. Question is where? Anything going on in Bradford come spring time? If Dave want's to he could ride down with me or visa versa.

I'll be going to Batavia and Keenan Arena Show in spring.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  2:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd be up for a road trip.

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  7:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

quote:
Originally posted by Pennman

Rich

I'm up for that idea. Question is where? Anything going on in Bradford come spring time? If Dave want's to he could ride down with me or visa versa.

I'll be going to Batavia and Keenan Arena Show in spring.

Bernd

In the spring, why yes, you fellas can come help mow, weed, wash windows, clean up the rest of last year's mess from the leaves, hang out for a bit, share some grilled beef, have a few beers and just relax !! LOL

Let me know in advance, my wife will work up your work agendas...

Rich

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  7:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Let us know when she is done raking the leaves and painting the house. We'll be right over for the beer and beef.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 12/11/2018 7:59:01 PM

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  8:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep me posted on when you would like to meet. I can see if Terry Stapleton would also like to take the drive. He lives about eighty miles south of us. That would be a great event!

Rich

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/11/2018 :  10:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I promised a few more photos..

These are staged with stuff tossed onto the benchwork in the approximate place that they will end up. This was done because company was coming to visit, and it gives me a chance to evaluate the plans and ideas that come along from time to time. (in other words, what have I gotten myself into?)

As I write, it has been stripped clear again to continue bench and track work.

This is the town and cove area from a seagulls point of view, out in the bay.

A moment later as the seagull swoops and dives for a kamikaze guano laden deposit to show Pennman (Rich) how to improve his weathering skills. That's the infamous Rubbles Depot in the background.

A little more progress is going on in the harbor area, seen here. the track positions are pretty much set now. The reddish building is Hamiltons Dinghies from Campbells. it is undergoing additions to become a cannery. The white L shaped paper is where Toadsuck Canning will go.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 12/11/2018 10:53:19 PM

Page: of 22 Previous Topic: San Juan Central Topic Next Topic: Modeling an entire roster... White Deer & Loganton  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000