Railroad Line Forums - Improved Photo Taking For Forum Photos
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Improved Photo Taking For Forum Photos
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2015 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 15 Interior Decoration Pt. 2  

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/20/2015 :  02:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I was getting ready to photograph my latest project today, I realized that I take enough photos with my iPhone that I should build a "rack" to hold the camera over the model to take photos without movement.

And to have it ready for taking photos quickly.

So I went out into the garage and found enough wood to build what I wanted.

As I always use the same size piece of wood to build my walls on I made the rack so that my piece of wood would fit into the open area on the bottom easily.

This photo also shows the position of the iPhone on the rack with the wall at the bottom.
I was careful to put the camera lens in the exact center of the wood holding my wall.

And this is the image taken with the iPhone in position on the top of the rack.

Jeff G
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/20/2015 :  07:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work, Darryl. I definitely could use a rig like this but I'd need to make it collapsible for storage (I'm an apartment dweller). Yours has given me some ideas.

Cheers.

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/20/2015 :  08:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I epoxied all the joints for speed in building but the two vertical "walls" could easily be built to pivot.

My version can be stored upside down with a lightweight box in the space between the legs so it doesn't really take up a lot of room on a shelf.

I built mine so I did not have to adjust the focus at all.

But it could be lower if you didn't mind focusing on the material being photographed.

Jim Ellis
Section Hand

Posted - 12/28/2015 :  3:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darryl,

How do you get your photos onto the RR Line Forum?

Jim Ellis

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/28/2015 :  9:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim, your photo needs to be in .jpg format.

Trim and resize your photo to about 50k. Any larger and they will not work.

"Reply" to a comment and click on "Insert a File"

This will bring up a screen which allows you to click on the photo in your computer then click to upload the photo.

Then close that screen.

Scroll down on the Post New Reply screen.

Now you will see several lines of code.

Look for [url="http:....

Remove the [url=" and replace it with

Then go further into the code until you see
.jpg']

Click on Preview to see if the photo is there

The upper portion of this photo has the information to be deleted highlighted in yellow

The lower portion shows the replaced portion in yellow.

You not actually highlight any of the text in yellow. I did this just to show what needs to be done.

If this does not work for you let me know.

darrylhuffman@yahoo.com

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/28/2015 :  9:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim, this is how the forum explains it:

Here are some threads to help with posting pictures here at Railroad-Line.
There is also some general tips listed to help with the posting of pictures.

How to Post a Photo - REVISED 12/23/06 - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110

How to resize photos for posting at RRL - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5383

posting photos using FireFox/Mozilla - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18629

Posting pictures to the forum and file size - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36807

Usually the two biggest problems as to why a picture won't post is size and naming convention.

Keep the long side of a picture at 800 pixels and save at a medium resolution.

Use only letters and numbers when you name your picture.

Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2015 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 15 Interior Decoration Pt. 2  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000