Railroad Line Forums - TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 95 ]  [ Newest Member: jmart4173 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 Topic Next Topic: Video update on the mine area
Page: of 11

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  07:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd my layout is being built the same way, not because I want to take anything to a show (we don't have any shows close to here) but I want to be able to easily take it apart and put it back together if I should move. Also as you said you don't get overwhelmed trying to build everything at once. The Murphy portion I'm currently working on is my final section.

Mike

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  11:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles

Bernd my layout is being built the same way, not because I want to take anything to a show (we don't have any shows close to here) but I want to be able to easily take it apart and put it back together if I should move. Also as you said you don't get overwhelmed trying to build everything at once. The Murphy portion I'm currently working on is my final section.

Great. One reason for taking to shows is I'd like to see TT scale become a viable scale to fill the gap between N and HO. Just like S scale fills the void between HO and O.

There's a couple of shows close by, plus I have a good friend that sells at shows. I usually share a table with him. It draws a crowd to his table when I bring something like an animated crane or just to display something.

Bernd

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  6:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Added another page showing how I'm going to make the turnouts for the engine terminal module.

http://www.kingstonemodelworks.com/LET-2.html

Enjoy.

Bernd

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  3:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Track laying has begun on the Logging Engine Terminal module.

Bernd

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  11:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd,
I couldn't link to the article on TOMA you wrote about but it seems like a good concept. I guess you don't have to have everything planned out for all the modules but do you have a set position for tracks to enter and leave the modules or are they meant to be only set up one way? Looking good! Your machining and building skills are fantastic!
Cheers, Dave

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2017 :  08:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

Bernd,
I couldn't link to the article on TOMA you wrote about but it seems like a good concept. I guess you don't have to have everything planned out for all the modules but do you have a set position for tracks to enter and leave the modules or are they meant to be only set up one way? Looking good! Your machining and building skills are fantastic!
Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave,

Joe started the article in the E-zine last year. That would be a good place to start. He's putting the series on video and presenting it on TrainMasters TV. It costs to view, but there are articles written in the e-zine about it. Here's were he introduces the concept. BTW the E-zine is free. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/magazine/mrh-2015-10-oct/publishers-musings You can then follow the posts from this subject. You can search the e-zine by typing in "toma" (without quotes) in the search box on the upper right hand of the forum.

I think it's a great idea. You can plan a complete railroad that can be permanently built, but still be able to be taken apart and taken with you when you move. I'm looking at the possibility of set ups at shows.

And thank you for the kind words. They are appreciated.

Bernd

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 Topic Next Topic: Video update on the mine area  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000