Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 228 ]  [ Total: 228 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Spanish style roof tiles Topic Next Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry
Page: of 44

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  03:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i feel my like at the home were i want to be
Thanks for sharing

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  4:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Dave, Those warm LEDs add just the right ambiance to the area.
The latest Walthers sale catalog has an animated fountain. Now that you have successfully illuminated the mission, any thoughts of wetting down the one in the square :)

I'll have to look into that!

David Meek

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  5:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Your photos are beautiful. I like the vivid dark blue of the sky and contrasting little lights. A lot of atmosphere.

Mike

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  5:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks awesome!

An animated fountain? That sounds like the perfect addition!

Mark

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  8:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Dave,

Your photos are beautiful. I like the vivid dark blue of the sky and contrasting little lights. A lot of atmosphere.

Mike

Thank you. The backdrop is illuminated with RGB LED strip lights (a new addition) tuned to a deep blue. That's what makes these "night" shots possible.

David Meek

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  5:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I got the Boot Hill sign up. The rawhide "rope" is painted elastic thread.

David Meek

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  7:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave great modeling great picture.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  4:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave.

Just thought I should let you know that I am loving your thread and look forward to all your updates.

Cheers, Mark.

PS - we did a driving tour of the Colorado plateau in 2015 and made a stop at Jerome. What a cool little place!

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  10:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave', SIMPLY OUTSTANDING Video! Watched it 3 times'..very enjoyable, and a professional presentation'..Love your attitude towards your modeling'..Excellent and a nice diversion in these troubled times'.. Thanks so very much for taking the time you invested in posting this fine entertaining work'

Ted

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  12:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much. Last night I was working late up at the studio doing a final lighting and effects check for tonight's Open Studio. Here are a few shots I took of the night effects.

Baxter's Butte in the moonlight.

The Never Mine.

A blurry Pepper's Ghost in the Undertaker's shop.

Boot Hill Graveyard.

David Meek

Edited by - Arizona Dave on 10/07/2017 12:21:46 PM

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  12:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I hope your Open Studio tonight is most successful. I would love to be there. I can only imagine the how thrilling your layout would be live. It is stunning on my computer.
ed

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  2:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wunderfull , i like it ,

thnaks for sharing

Grabnet
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  8:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOVE IT!!!

I did have a question for you. What are you using for your hanging lanterns in the Boot Hill Cemetery? They sure look good.

Doc Tom

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2017 :  12:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great Dave. Hope all went well during your Open Studio. I'm sure you blew some people away!

Mark

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2017 :  1:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Had a great turnout last night and we had a lot of fun.

quote:
Originally posted by Grabnet

LOVE IT!!!

I did have a question for you. What are you using for your hanging lanterns in the Boot Hill Cemetery? They sure look good.

Doc Tom

Tom, that's a 3mm yellow flickering LED hanging from the tree with some bits from my scrapbox to make it look like a lantern. The wiring and resistor are hidden inside the tree trunk - so it's basically a lamp disguised as a tree!

David Meek

Page: of 44 Previous Topic: Spanish style roof tiles Topic Next Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000