Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Crossing Tower Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 44

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  10:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, that's how Disney did it! This should be cool!

Mark

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  1:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's wonderful! Can't wait to see it.
Cheers,
Dave

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/23/2017 :  11:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a truly wonderful layout, thread, and blog you have. I think I've got some blog reading to do! :D

Mowasst
New Hire

Posted - 09/24/2017 :  7:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mowasst's Homepage  Send Mowasst a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe it Lily Von Shtupp died! Was it too many schnitzengrubens or was she just tired?

Mowasst
New Hire

Posted - 09/24/2017 :  7:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mowasst's Homepage  Send Mowasst a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Dave I gotta ask where you get your pink foam at? I'm down in Buckeye and I can't find it to save my life. Heck sometimes can't even find the white stuff. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

sgoti
New Hire

Posted - 09/24/2017 :  11:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mowasst

Ok Dave I gotta ask where you get your pink foam at? I'm down in Buckeye and I can't find it to save my life. Heck sometimes can't even find the white stuff. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Home Depot in Avondale supposedly stocks 1 inch rigid foam insulation:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Project-Panels-FOAMULAR-1-in-x-2-ft-x-2-ft-R-5-Insulation-Sheathing-PP1/203553730

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  7:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can't believe it Lily Von Shtupp died! Was it too many schnitzengrubens or was she just tired?

Ha! Just too damn tired!

Just finished up the Undertaker's place. Here it is on the layout across the street from Boot Hill.

A button down below on the fascia activates the sound loop and ghost effects that can be viewed through the upstairs window.

David Meek

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  7:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgoti

quote:

Home Depot in Avondale supposedly stocks 1 inch rigid foam insulation:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Project-Panels-FOAMULAR-1-in-x-2-ft-x-2-ft-R-5-Insulation-Sheathing-PP1/203553730

Yes, I get mine at the Cottonwood Home Depot. Last I checked they had both 1" and 2" thick sheets. But this varies by climate and location.

David Meek

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  9:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Undertaker's place looks great Dave! Is it possible to post a video of the effects? I'm dying to see how it turned out.

Mark

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  6:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

The Undertaker's place looks great Dave! Is it possible to post a video of the effects? I'm dying to see how it turned out.

Thanks! Video coming soon...

David Meek

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  7:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, You did it again. It is so much fun watching your layout grow. Each addition brings a big smile to me face.
Like a Joe Bonamassa solo.
ed

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  7:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Boot Hill scene is very nearly finished.

David Meek

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  8:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really neat work. I'm tempted to 'copy' a few ideas.
I love anything that is 'different'.

Well done.

bruce

fireman93514
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  09:12:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Dave. Such an awesome layout. I see you have been watching blazing saddles?

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  09:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great, the special effects are really cool

It would have been fun to have a grave with the name Arch Stanton on it and then one next to that with no name. See if anyone can figure out the reference

Page: of 44 Previous Topic: Crossing Tower Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000