Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 178 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Spanish style roof tiles Topic Next Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry
Page: of 44

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  10:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New paint and weathering for an old Bachmann stock car (with apologies to John Olson).

David Meek

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  10:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job on the stock car. It's a nice tribute to a man who certainly influenced my modeling.
Nice job on the cactus and the flowering bushes too.

It's only make-believe

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  11:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's a new post today on the Thunder Mesa website bringing everything up to date with the revised plan and other recent changes. New video too!
http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com/2016/04/video-log-revised-track-plan-with.html

And here's the new plan:

A much larger version is viewable at the link above.

David Meek

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  11:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, you never disappoint! I do love your video updates. They are creative, well produced and most importantly, very informative. You have been getting a lot done. And I do enjoy the background music playing under the layout. It truly adds to the atmosphere you are creating. In that segment of the video, I felt like I was walking through Frontier town!

Mark

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  11:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've gotten a lot done Dave, and it's looking good too. The Video really showcases how the towns layout fits and adds to the layout. I really like the new engine terminal too,

Now go get a hair cut, .

It's only make-believe

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  11:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great update Dave.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  10:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome update, and as always the track plan is a work of art.

nevadablue
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  02:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From a real artist for sure.

Thanks for the update Dave.

Grant Whipp
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  1:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the update ... love the new track plan (though, to be honest, I was looking forward to seeing the On18 lift-out module ... ) ... always anxious to see what's next on Thunder Mesa!

CHEERS!

JSBSOn30MRRs - Jefferson State Black Sheep On30 Model Railroaders, Founding Member
DW&A - Diddy Wells & Afterthought On30 Module/Mini-Layout

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  5:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just catching up!

I like the track painting, for the longest time i wish that paint range was available in the uk, i just googled and apparently it's popular with the airsoft mobs and now easily available, hurrah!
Nice work on the stock car and the track plan, i have to ask, how are you making the the layout drawing? it looks fantastic! (Sorry if this has been discussed before)

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  6:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone! @Andy: I draw my track plans with pencil and paper, usually on blue line grid paper with gridlines every 1/8". That makes a nice scale for drawing with 1/8" = 1". Then I scan the drawing and add color, titles and other tweaks in Photoshop. I've used some of the track planning software in the past but still prefer the results I get this way.

David Meek

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  6:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great video Dave.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  12:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been meaning to do a fancier Disney style paint job on engine #4, Earl Vilmer, for quite some time. Finally got around to it over this rainy weekend.

David Meek

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  01:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking paint work. Are you going to add special flags?

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  01:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I been thinking about flags. All of the Disney locomotives run with green flags, indicating they're all part of the same train I guess. Since she runs mostly freight, white "extra" flags would make sense. The again, maybe it's the 4th of July and Old Glory would be appropriate (I'm actually kind of leaning toward this option because the colors would look great).

David Meek

Page: of 44 Previous Topic: Spanish style roof tiles Topic Next Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000