Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 241 ]  [ Total: 244 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Climax A Build Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout
Page: of 47

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  1:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That station is a real beauty! And the town promises to have many, many interesting scenes ... no doubt Verne will be pleased to be a part of it!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  9:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dallas.

Here's the result of today's efforts. I still need to do the final paint finish on the new rockwork, but I wanted to see how things were looking with the structures and mock-ups back in place. The next painting steps will tone down and lighten up all of that red. With any luck I'll get to that tomorrow.

David Meek

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  10:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! It is looking good.

It's only make-believe

rca2
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  12:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is always surprising how a little paint makes such a difference. Looking good, Dave.

Modeling Arizona Eastern Railroad, Hayden Junction (1920), in On30

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  03:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking good

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  03:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but i mean the platform see better when is a little longer , is it better for the passengers to stay in and out , i think

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  08:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have not posted in a while, but others have been echoing my sentiments. The town scene will really be nice. One thing I love about your modeling is how much character you pack into a small area while using the scenery as a visual divide between other scenes only inches away. I could see this scene being modeled on a curved corner module of a portable layout. I look forward to how you populate the scene to tell some story. Great work (is it really work?) as always. Scott

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  12:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Been following alone,Dave. Really love the retaining wall and the slight elevation of the buildings adds so much interest and looks so natural. Always enjoy catching up with the layout.

Cheers, Heath.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  11:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

Finished the color work today on the new rocks behind Thunder Mesa town. Here I've Photoshopped in the backdrop to help me visualize the finished scene. Next will come ground cover in the form of sanded grout, real rocks and red Sedona dirt.

David Meek

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  11:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that fast work, and looks great too!

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  06:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the rock work

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  10:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, your making great progress! The town of Thunder Mesa looks great, as does the rock work behind it.

Mark

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  6:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, the scenery is terrific and the tourists will love it whether on a mule train or excursion train. Nice work.

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  6:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking great, Dave. Your mockups look better than some of my buildings. Looking forward to more.

Roland

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  10:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a little detail work today. I realized that I should probably finish the board sidewalks in town before adding ground cover to the roads. The stone steps were carved from dense gold foam (Balsa Foam) and the wood planks are coffee stir sticks, distressed with a razor saw and stained with a shoe-dye/alcohol mixture.

David Meek

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: Climax A Build Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000