Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol 7
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 73 ]  [ Total: 78 ]  [ Newest Member: tillerman1 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol 7
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Black Bear Logging II Topic Next Topic: My gas mechanical engine broke down!
Page: of 17

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2015 :  4:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it sure would be fun to see what you could in n scale....
heheheheh...

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2015 :  4:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

it sure would be fun to see what you could in n scale....
heheheheh...

I actually built a layout in N when I was in my late twenties...30ies german theme. Did a little scratchbuilding, but found it too timeconsuming and almost annoying. So no N scale for me. I had considered going HOn3, but will probably stick with On30, which I find perfect pricewise and for scratchbuilding with my aging eyes and dexterity

But again... we'll see :)

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

okiecrip
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/15/2015 :  5:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad to see more great work from the master

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  1:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quiet for almost a month so.....
the obligatory bump seems perfectly in order.

and i always get a kick out of doing this because it seems there's a lot of guys on here waiting with bated breath for the next coast line rr post.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  04:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the obligatory "sorry" :) Other than a couple of group visits to the train shed, nothing, zero, nada has been done :) Guess I'd better get my act together, huh...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 11/14/2015 :  12:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
whenever you're ready to.....

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/14/2015 :  1:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saw you new paintings on Facebook, the look real nice. Scott

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 11/14/2015 :  4:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, please have patience and be gentle :) I'm two and a half years behind with commissions, have 22 new gallery lights to install, a huge old wooden house needing TLC, tending my christmas exhibition in the weekends, and then there's the honey-do list of course :) And I'm not getting any younger either!

Thanks Scott... have had fun painting old workshop interiors for a change.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  5:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the last time i read these volumes you had just started on number 2 i believe,

guess i have alot of volumes to read this weekend

as what i remember, this has always been my faveroite and look forward to updateing myself

workwright
Section Hand

Posted - 01/31/2016 :  3:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I hope you are making progress on your backlog. I have just remedied the same problem. It is 14 months since I posted here. My problem is like yours. I am 67 have a life, with a family and a business making model steam engines - started as a hobby 35 years ago, now 200 locos plus and having been retired for 10 years the locos are now a useful fill up for the pension. My order list has about 90 locos to build on it, currently I manage 10 - 15 a year....... I wonder if I will ever make them all? When I am not in the workshop making I feel I am wasting time (letting customers down) and if not careful a hobby business just becomes stress. I hope you will see time to add to this forum. You are a truely inspirational model maker, so here is hoping. All the best, workwright.

jaybeckham
New Hire

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  5:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels, I am working on my harbor area representing a harbor in Baltimore MD. The harbor feeds into the Cheasepeake Bay which feeds into the Atlantic. I am using your methods but having some problem getting the blended look in my base color. I tried blending on the surface and I get brush marks and the arcylics don't seem to blend together too well. Should I be premixing the color or such I use either matte medium or water to thin the paint before painting? Any help will be appreciated. Can even send a photo if that would help.
Thanks, Jay Beckham.

Jay Beckham

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2016 :  10:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
obligatory bump?
just checking in...

RobMorrison
Section Hand

Posted - 07/09/2016 :  12:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels,
We all hope things are well with you and Anne. Maybe you have been busy building a new layout?
Rob

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/10/2016 :  12:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always nice to get a summery kick in the arse!! I am alive and doing very well, although not in the railroad world :) The art world is doing splendidly, with a huge seven painting commission contract on the way.

Anne and I are finally remodeling the worn out seventies kitchen (so that takes care of the few glimpses of "spare time" available ). And excitingly there are two grand children due to arrive this autumn and winter.

I have had a few visitors to the layout, and it looks ok, but a little dusty. A spruce-up needed soon.

Jay, I'm sorry I discovered your question this late... you can ease blending by using a glazing medium sparingly. Load a big brush generously with paint, and dip it in the various colours and medium without cleaning, to get subtle mixes and gradations. And work fast!!! Good luck!

Hope you all have a fine summer!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

David J Buchholz
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/10/2016 :  12:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you move on to a new project, I'd love to see what you can do in vertical dimensions, rather than on a simple flat surface. Wondering what your talent applied to a mountainous/logging theme would end up looking like.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 07/16/2016 9:11:46 PM

Page: of 17 Previous Topic: Black Bear Logging II Topic Next Topic: My gas mechanical engine broke down!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000