Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol 7
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: jmart4173 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol 7
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale Topic Next Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Page: of 17

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 08/15/2015 :  3:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tidying up... finally. After years of neglect, I have tonight vacuumed the Kotcha river mouth and along the right side of the big wharf, cleaned and preserved the rails on the same wharf side plus the two cars on the tracks there. Finally the bay by the river has received a fresh coat of super gloss varnish...

The plan is to continue all around the layout in this way. The process will also include a close inspection and reveal what things need to be done before the railroad can be declared finished.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  05:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is this "finished" you speak of mate? Will have to come to Sweden at somepoint

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 08/24/2015 :  4:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Finished" is surely subjective...
But your work is magnificent, Tröels!!

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  12:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've shot a little video while test running one of my inside frame Americans around the layout... the thing ran just fine after four years of total neglect, but the gearbox needs lubrication, the sound needs equalizing, and the chuff rate must be quicker... and I forgot to turn on the headlight in one sequence

https://youtu.be/CaLEHkoifYo

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Troels, but you still need to get and engineer in that cab. Or was he ducking down when the window view came by?

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  1:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Love the surrealistic quality of this shot!

I see the world before me ...

A giant plastic (yogurt or ice cream?) cup of tools floating, yay hovering on the water ...

Wait a minute!

Oh no, don't tell me ... the yogurt cup is real and the rest of the world is an illusion? Zoinks!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  1:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a sharp video

It's Only Make Believe

Bob Harris

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  01:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mabloodhound

Very nice Troels, but you still need to get and engineer in that cab. Or was he ducking down when the window view came by?

You are beginning to sound like my wife

Well, in my defense the locomotive spends 99.999 percent of its life at rest, so statistically the cab should be empty Actually I have had trouble finding small engineers and firemen for these americans... the cabs are very tiny.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  09:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somehow the yoghurt container reminds me of this:

(This was moored in Pittsburgh for a couple weeks before migrating south.)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

ChiloquinRuss
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/17/2015 :  1:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit ChiloquinRuss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"finding small engineers and firemen for these americans... the cabs are very tiny."

Sounds like a good project for a 3d printer, hmmmmmm! Russ

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  10:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You are beginning to sound like my wife

No, I am no where near as understanding as she is and even much less beautiful.
But your layout is still as stunning as ever.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  3:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave!
Russ, there is a possibility that I might get my own 3D printer early next year.... I'll print some crew then :)

And yes, the train shed has been neglected a little again, but not forgotten. I'm resuming track cleaning and general inspection/tidying next week! And I have been setting up a work table again for figure/detail painting and the remaining structure!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2015 :  09:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
obligatory bump to page one...

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2015 :  12:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK... If you are going to declare this a completed RR, then when does the next one start and what will be the theme? A mountain railroad?? Logging?? I'm really interested to 'see' what you may have in that creative mind of yours.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2015 :  12:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin! Sorry for the standstill... I was a little too optimistic in my last posting! Have had a visit from my recurring foot troubles the last few months, so very little painting and no modeling has been done. On the mend now, walking with a cane and painting full steam again. Modeling should begin again soon too ;)

Kris, I haven't declared the Coast Line completed yet... If there will be a successor (with the current modeling tempo I'll be dead before the room is made ready ;) I have several ideas, including a possible non-railroad modeling theme... I have actually begun sketching a little on a possible railroad too, and even been looking at some second hand motive power...but it is way to early to disclose :)

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Page: of 17 Previous Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale Topic Next Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000