Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol 7
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 138 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: Jozef ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol 7
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: On3o layout Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad
Page: of 28

MarcusF
Section Hand

Posted - 10/02/2018 :  2:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking great, Troels! It's good to see you back in the shed. It's always a pleasure to see what you've done with the Coast Line.
I really like the look of your trees. I'm pretty sure you covered your tree-building technique at some point, but do you (or anyone else) remember in which volume of the Coast Line saga it's in? I've tried doing a Google search of the site, but haven't had much success. TIA!

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/02/2018 :  5:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to see how you re-gloss the water. I used the same material and it has slowly gone dull. Any attempts at 'polishing' it up have failed.
I still think it's the best water material but dust and humidity have taken its toll.

bruce

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  3:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do that often before shows, just clean and spray on a new layer of high gloss acrylics.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  5:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's really great to see you're back in the shed. It feels like a long lost friend has returned home after years away!
Nice looking trees!

if you suck at playing the trumpet...that's probably why.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had fun making a focus stack in Photoshop of 15 images from my Nikon... the resulting file was 260MB and almost ground my PC to a halt... a pity this forum only allows 1000px wide images, as this rescaling removes almost all the sharpness of the original.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  6:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kirk you need to start another site for your photos. Something like 500px. You can then post larger pictures there and re direct everyone who wants to see them.
If you like your Nikon and want to 'play' with photo stacking have a look at 'Control My Nikon'.

bruce

Edited by - brucet on 10/05/2018 6:19:06 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  7:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the picture.

Just awesome that your picture can make your model look like real life!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  2:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another focus stack test... this time with jpeg files, which saved my computer from overheating :)

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  6:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful !!

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  7:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, beautiful it is.

It's only make-believe

Neil M
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  06:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stunning

Built a waterfront HO layout in Ireland http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22161 but now making a start in On30 in Australia

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  6:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Could you please explain what a "focus stack" is? I am,unfamiliar with the term.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You take a set of photographs (camera is on a tripod). Each photo is focused on a different part of the scene, e.g. from front to back. Then you load those images into software, which takes the in-focus parts of each scene. The result is a picture where everything is in focus. (This is necessary because cameras/lenses can't achieve focus throughout a long distance.)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/10/2018 :  12:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A quick Google search on photo stacking will get you the concept. It's not a lot of work but the results can be a bit inconsistent.

Get it right though and models can look amazing.

bruce

Alan SRRL
New Hire

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  10:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having just learned of Troels fantastic works I wanted to obtain a copy of his DVD. Sent a mail to Troels and he informed me that they are all sold out! Great for him and others but not so good for me. If anyone knows where I can get a copy please let me know.
I have read thru all the chapters and do have a question on the basic building and painting procedure. For doing clapboard siding do you select a colored paper, cut it to size attach it to the tape and then paint or do you paint the paper first then cut then apply?
Thank you
Alan

Page: of 28 Previous Topic: On3o layout Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000