Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol 7
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 138 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: Jozef ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol 7
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: On3o layout Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad
Page: of 28

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2018 :  10:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice painting Troels.

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  07:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels,

When you say detail, you really mean detail. Looks like you detailed the detail.

Great painting.

Good luck on your show.

Rich

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  06:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels,

How did the Easter show turn out?

Successful, I hope.

Are you still painting your heart out?

Just checking.

Have a great day.

Rich

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 05/09/2018 :  9:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
been a while since i've bumped this. i'm sure i'm not the only one that's been missing the clrr and troels work in general. how's it going mr. kirk?

if you suck at playing the trumpet...that's probably why.

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

Posted - 05/10/2018 :  3:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Kebmo. I was getting ready to do the same.

Sure do miss this dude.

One of these days, I hope.

Rich

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 05/20/2018 :  8:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pssst.
anybody seen troels....?

if you suck at playing the trumpet...that's probably why.

sparkman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/27/2018 :  9:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He updated his Facebook page on the 19th.
-david j

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 06/06/2018 :  03:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello guys! I feel really embarassed, when I check the RR-line traffic for the first time in a looong while... I'm touched that I haven't just disappeared into MR oblivion. No modeling whatsoever. Some traffic on the On30 FB group, where I have had some pressure to get my DVD converted for online streaming, otherwise I haven't any brain activity going the modeling way :(

I am fine and content otherwise :) Working at the easel or gathering sketches and reference material for coming paintings all available time. Perhaps I should just throw in the towel and put the Coast Line RR up for sale? Would be soo great if somebody would have pleasure continuing the project, instead of the layout slowly returning to nature...

Have a great summer all!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/06/2018 :  07:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. Nooooooo. Sell the Coast Railroad? Nooooooo.
We all suffer burnout from time to time. In my case it lasted almost 20 years!!
There will come a time when the smell of scale smoke will entice you to start again.
In the meantime do what you enjoy most.

Bruce

Edited by - brucet on 06/06/2018 07:17:00 AM

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 06/06/2018 :  2:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels, If your thinking of selling the layout maybe the Suncoast Modeling Center in Florida would be interested in buying it.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2018 :  7:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels,
One day the mood will strike and you will be back at it with the full passion you had a few years ago. I fondly remember when we were first communicating, you were living on your boat with barely enough room to store the buildings you were making. Maybe a boat trip is in order.
All the best.
Larry

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

Edited by - BigLars on 06/06/2018 7:46:14 PM

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 06/06/2018 :  9:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything has a season and things change. I have benefited tons from Troels' work and I still can enjoy going back over the old posts. Always need to move forward!
Cheers,
Dave

gs48
New Hire

Posted - 06/07/2018 :  11:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sell it! Get rid of it as soon as possible! The only thing that is going to get you back into model railroading is not having a layout. Right now you can just go into the train room and soak it all in. It's a masterpiece! But adding a few more figures is not going to get your juices flowing again. You have to start from the beginning. Just like one of your paintings you have to get rid of it and move on. Let other people enjoy it. Of course it's going to be difficult, unless you made it in sections. And the backdrop is a masterpiece in itself. Just let the buyer handle it and you stay out of it. Move on! Best of luck!

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 06/07/2018 :  12:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels, I would just like to ecoh the others comments. The hobby is to serve us. Not, for us to serve it. If it doesn't serve you, sell and do what makes your heart rejoice.

It's only make-believe

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2018 :  02:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the feedback! I will have to go to the train shed to have a thinkthrough, I guess. I must clarify though, that this is not a case of burnout, but rather lack of time and energy. I still love the layout and all the creative pleasure it has provided... But I haven't even had a fly fishing trip for ages either (which is my absolute favorite thing...), and I prioritize the very little spare time I can create to be with my grand children :)

If I ever get sufficient time and energy again, I'd love to do some more modeling, preferably on a new layout, I guess. So perhaps it would be the wisest to finish the few loose ends and clean up the dust on the Coast Line, and try to sell the thing... I'll go think...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Page: of 28 Previous Topic: On3o layout Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000