Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol 7
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 74 ]  [ Total: 75 ]  [ Newest Member: Davidsamuels ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol 7
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Black Bear Logging II Topic Next Topic: My gas mechanical engine broke down!
Page: of 17

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 07/18/2015 :  5:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not that I would ever want you to stop building and shooting pictures but ever thought maybe one of your extra large paintings of the whole Coast Line RR, I'm sure it would sell. Just a thought . Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/18/2015 :  5:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels

Great to see a new chapter opened.

This just gets more stunning with every picture.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

rca2
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/18/2015 :  6:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels, your photos are inspiring. I didn't post earlier, just admired, but I couldn't pass up commenting on the second photo. I cannot explain what makes it so great. But the effect is stunning. The light in both photos looks so natural. Thank you for sharing. Bob.

Modeling Arizona Eastern Railroad, Hayden Junction (1920), in On30

okiecrip
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/18/2015 :  10:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking forward to more great modeling

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 07/19/2015 :  12:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful photos, great modeling! Although, I'm a bit surprised to see an "adult novelty" shop in your little Maine village: "Harnesses, Saddles & Whips". ;)

stockjunkie
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/26/2015 :  05:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit stockjunkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Troels, thanks so much for the wave making video. From the very first pages in volume I, I have been fascinated by your work along with everyone else here. Waterfront modeling has always been my favorite, and through the years I have acquired a lot of model photos to serve as inspiration. But when you came along, you took it to a level that I had never seen before. Your waves with the breaking action, the coloring, the foamy water behind the wave....it all is just so realistic. I guess the combination of being an artist plus a sailor for so many years certainly helps. My favorite water area is your lighthouse scene. The waves, the structure, all just fantastic work. So again, thanks for the "how to" video on making waves. I have been patiently waiting for about 670 pages now and it was more than worth it!! JD.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2015 :  05:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys... all is not quiet again! Our house has just been delightfully full of family and visitors recently, so it has been difficult to find modeling time... this will change from tuesday ;) Tomorrow the australian modeler Rod Hutchinson and wife will visit the layout. Another visitor recently was the american modeler Mark Paulson, who yesterday posted this report on his blog:

https://markpaulson.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/a-visit-with-troels-kirk/

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  12:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful you are back Troels! I'll keep tuned in hoping to see some more great modeling!

Håkan

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  2:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today we spent a very pleasant afternoon with the australian modeler Rod Hutchinson and his wife Julie... for the occasion I had tried to tidy a bit, and had installed some more of the black "skirt" beneath the layout (to conceal more mess)

Always nice to meet fellow modelers!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

danpickard
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  5:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit danpickard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great photo Troels of the happy tourist and his wife. Did he try to convince you the layout needed some gum trees and a few kangaroos? I don't doubt we'll hear all about it when he eventually comes home :)

Cheers,
Dan Pickard

http://www.austnarrowgaugeconvention.com/

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2015 :  03:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troels, I'm really enjoying volume 7, and also enjoyed watching you "making Waves" video.
Thanks for going to all the trouble to document it.

Nice pic of Rod & Julie. They're members of our local division of the NMRA, so I'm looking forward to catching up with them, to hear all about your wonderful layout.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

Edited by - robert goslin on 07/28/2015 03:33:03 AM

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/30/2015 :  3:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The stretch of water I recently finished has really opened for some new views... Morning at the salt merchant's warehouse in Crabapple Cove. In the background the tiny water mill by River Kotcha.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 07/30/2015 :  7:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rod. I think Bill Black is also travelling in that part of the world. It must have been a great experience seeing the layout "live" and meeting the "Master" painter.
Have a safe journey back.

cheers mate "M"

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  3:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've begun renewing the landscaping a little in the Olson's Wool area, where I will also build the stonemason's workshop. Here´s a little lineside view of Olson's. Amazing how much light grey dust one can vacuum from the grass! The scene is slowly getting the spring colors back

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  4:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you should fix the steam leak, or stop doing cylinder blowout over the finished scenery! (The smoke from the locomotive looks -very real-)

dave

Page: of 17 Previous Topic: Black Bear Logging II Topic Next Topic: My gas mechanical engine broke down!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000