Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol 7
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: ida ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol 7
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The new name and layout. Topic Next Topic: How do you make copper look weathered?
Page: of 17

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  10:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hate to see this disappear from the Forum.

Still waiting for more on the stone shop.

Rich

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  12:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cool. another "obligatory bumper"..

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  8:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
what do you mean disappear.......
I hope this isn't retiring

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  3:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No retirement!!! And I'm actually slightly ahead of schedule making the paintings I live from, so I can't rule out that I could find time to finish the stone shop... I really miss the musty smell of the layout room now : Stay tuned...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Terrell
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  5:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Good things come to those who wait".

Socialtrader
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  9:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing that strikes me when reading through your layout story is the quality of the figure painting. So often you see a beautifully modeled scene that is jarred by a rushed figure. Your figures match the layout perfectly, and bring to life the wonderful scenes. Thank you for sharing - and inspiring!

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  07:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemkerailroad1

Dave,

I only meant that the Coast Line had been pushed back to the 3rd page of the 0n30 post and was about to be pushed into oblivion.

Rich

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  08:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by R.BOUDREAUX

quote:
Originally posted by lemkerailroad1

Dave,

I only meant that the Coast Line had been pushed back to the 3rd page of the 0n30 post and was about to be pushed into oblivion.

Rich

I was just making sure
I am rereading the entire series

gs48
New Hire

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  5:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Troels, I've read all 714 pages of this forum and recorded the pertinent parts, virtually everything, and I' convinced you are a master and this is your model railroad masterpiece, which needs to be treasured forever. We need to record everything we can about you that you can teach us. I'm serious. Now I REALLY want to get a copy of your painting DVD. This wisdom could be lost forever if it doesn't get out to the right people. It's wonderful that you're so humble and self effacing about it all but for the rest of humanity on the other side of the fence you are a treasure in need of protecting. In the ever growing world of model railroading, which includes modeling and painting, you are now an icon. I just finished Ron Chernow's Washington and now reading your 714 page epic I can't help but see the parallels, that is from the point of view of a man who produced much to make great changes and liberation but held himself in no great image. Maybe your wonderful wife Anne or your children could take up this effort to begin recording you and your work. I would stand first in line to receive and protect any and all wisdom that could be afforded to us, us on the outside looking in. Yes, indeed. Thank you for this wonderful adventure. I feel like a voyeur looking in on you and all the gang these last few years. I feel like we're all friends even though I wasn't there. You have completely transformed my methods and philosophy of model railroading and I can't thank you enough. I'll be back. In the meantime I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year. - Greg Smith

JimF
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  11:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, good luck with hunting down a copy of Troel's DVD. I think finding El Dorado would be easier LOL

I have been asking around for months, and have a almost permanent search on ebay set.

Jim F

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  11:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone ever ask. Trolls to make a second run with all the interest and all. I know I still look at mine when I need help painting, like all the. Time. Tom

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  12:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would definitely be in! Assuming Troels has a master, send it out for 50? 100? copies. I would pay up front.
Cheers,
Dave

David J Buchholz
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  4:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ironically, I was on page 13 of this chapter, thinking what a treasure we have in Troels and his work. i would have to admit many of his posted pics are on my hard drive for future reference. he is a priceless talent for sure.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 12/10/2016 4:41:57 PM

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  01:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello guys, and thank you for all the kind words... I'll have to get a larger hat size :)

Regarding the DVD, I have decided not to rerun it. Not because of lack of demand, but because of the time the first edition took from my day job. Handling orders, invoicing, packing, export and customs papers, bookkeeping and so on. If I could find a simple download/streaming solution I'd jump on it instantly.

As I told Greg in a Facebook messages discussion, I want to keep my hobby a hobby, not a business. I take my daytime work as an artist very seriously, and need all the time I can scrape together to make a living from it. If I lived in NC or Florida, I'd probably make enough money to have lots of time over for hobbies :) I have a couple of other, dear hobbies that have been even more neglected than modeling (two fly fishing trips in three years is an all time low...) So spending all that time handling DVDs is simply not an option anymore.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

southpier
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  05:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
exactly; don't let the tail wag the dog!

enjoy your hobby, and let others create their own.

Page: of 17 Previous Topic: The new name and layout. Topic Next Topic: How do you make copper look weathered?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000