Railroad Line Forums - Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: Ambitious Project ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Help with z scale track Topic Next Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary - (another) Kitbash
Page: of 19

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/17/2016 :  12:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Dave!

Mark

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  11:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward. So I removed all the sanded area where I've been working because the slope seemed too steep from water to the tracks in the back.. Have since replaced it and I like the flatter look. I've also added the beginnings of the concrete pads where the buildings will set having gotten rid of the ones I'd previously cast.

Seems like some trivial work but things were starting to bug me and I'm much more satisfied with the current look. Next steps will be to continue to build the bigger shed and color the concrete. Having trouble deciding whether to continue to scenic the area so I can test some techniques or to move to something else and come back.

akimmons
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  12:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send akimmons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dave
I agree with your decision to go flatter. It looks much better and now has that flat earth feel you get at the shore. I'm enjoying your progress!

Arnold Kimmons
General Manager
Royal and Edisto Railroad

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49360

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/31/2016 :  4:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Arnold and I look forward to updates on the AnE once you've moved.

Have added some more detail to the final building and tried my hand at creating some clam shell piles using ballast. Also touched up the seawall which has taken a beating while I've been working on this area from me and our cats who apparently are Eastern Shore lovers.

Pictures below with the last 2 pictures a clamsmen's view as he brings his boat home.

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/31/2016 :  9:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Experimenting with making crab pots. I'll need a lot of them which is a bit daunting; a bit like trees for a northwest scheme railroad.

The stack is a photo that I pasted on a block and in the foreground is my first attempt at a scratch built pot. I think I'll combine using both techniques as it is a bit tedious making the individual wood versions.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  08:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  6:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done.

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/15/2016 :  4:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lynn.

I've added some more details; more clam traps and shell piles, 20' storage trailers, some sea grass, and jersey barriers. Have also leveled the areas where the two smaller structures sit.

I would like to add some more details but starting to get tired of the scene so next area will be behind the buildings and the track that sits directly behind this area.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/20/2016 :  08:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The scene is coming together really great!

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/20/2016 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like how you've done the details. Crab pots are neat, as well as the piles. Your whole scene reminds me that I like seafood of all kinds, but I would not want to be out on the water, or even near the shore during a cold winter storm.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/21/2016 :  10:09:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First started out staining some ties and painting rails then dug out the Grass Master from the back of the closet and have started some grass ground cover. Leaning toward late summer - a time I've not previously modeled. There will be a few trees in the back corner of this scene as the area transitions to inland. My last layout was set in winter so I'll be modeling full trees for the first time.

Last picture is, "Sunrise on the Eastern Shore." There's a window near the left end of my shelf and I awoke one morning to the sunrise highlighting the wharf.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  1:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The mood shot is neat.

Mike

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  12:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some more base scenery, grass, ballast and rail painting. Now moving onto a large dock area the will be the final waterside structure.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  12:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good Dave. The water looks awesome in the second picture down!

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  7:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I have to agree with Mark that your water looks great. In fact, the entire area that you are working on is shaping up nicely.

We are actually staying in Exmore, VA tonight on our way north from Hilton Head. The bay was a bit angry today as we crossed the Bay Bridge.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: Help with z scale track Topic Next Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary - (another) Kitbash  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000