Railroad Line Forums - Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 53 ]  [ Total: 61 ]  [ Newest Member: leftyfretguy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Help with z scale track Topic Next Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary - (another) Kitbash
Page: of 19

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in Cape Charles at the end of September -- you have captured the essence of the locale and the RR facilities.

Bill Uffelman

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  2:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great building. It sure looks like the original.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  2:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, you nailed it! That's an excellent rendition of the prototype.

George

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  07:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Blazeman
New Hire

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  11:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you say "distressed?"

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/01/2017 :  11:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been doing a bit over the holidays with the biggest accomplishment covering up the last bit of raw plaster scenery base. This was located front and center and i wonder why it was the last area since it would stare me in the face every time I looked at the layout.

Also added a sound card to my engine. The horn and bell sound excellent; the diesel noise sounds more like static than rumble which is to be expected with the small speakers of an n gauge sound card.

Going to take a break from scenery and focus on making sure my rolling stock is within standards in preparing for operations. I've ordered a MicroMark car card system and have also started identifying industry needs and products.

Some recent pictures with the new scenery.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2017 :  06:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent modeling and photography Dave!

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2017 :  09:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I enjoy seeing every new thing you've done. Your latest building looks good on the layout.

I'll bet we all have those "why didn't I do that earlier" moments.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2017 :  10:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your scenery it outstanding Dave. Those pictures are great!

Mark

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2017 :  12:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice lighting. Can your camera be set to use a smaller aperture for more depth of field? Also, the ramp out to your dock struck me as possibly needing a support mid-span if vehicles ever use it.

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/03/2017 :  09:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Just... wow.

I've gone through this entire thread in one go, and I have to say that this is one of the best layouts I've ever seen. The fact that it's N scale is amazing.

:)

-Dan

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  1:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all the encouraging comments, very much appreciated.

James, I'm using an iPhone camera now but will eventually shift over to a digital SLR that I've not yet learned how to use.

I've received the MicroMark car card system and have decided that instead of filling out all the car information immediately, I'd only fill out a car card after I've tuned and weathered the car.

Have also developed an industry diagram (below) to help me determine the number and types of cars needed.

Additionally, I've been fine tuning my engine after installing a sound decoder and continue to ensure that I have trouble free track. I'm pretty much derailment free, but still occasionally have some dead spots and find with Code 40 rail that I have to be very conscious of keeping the rail clean and that running a graphite stick over the rails every so often helps.

Below is my first attempt at weathering. The car was bright CSX blue when I started.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work on that boxcar Dave!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  6:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  6:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

You're really making progress on all fronts. The boxcar weathering looks very realistic. Makes sense to me to do the weathering and paperwork in consort as you are.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: Help with z scale track Topic Next Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary - (another) Kitbash  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000