Railroad Line Forums - Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette  Valley Part two
Page: of 83

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  10:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Rich and Frank.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/28/2019 :  6:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After a break doing scenery and the small track construction, I'm back working on the coal shed. I still need to complete attaching the last several chutes into position, but meanwhile I've been working on ancillary structures. Here's the shed earlier this week:

I built the retaining wall at the entrance end. Here it is being glued on with my special custom-modified clothes pins to hold everything in place until the glue dries:

I built a simple fence for the far end of the coal yard, and a more complex retaining wall and sliding gate to form an entrance:

From the other direction:

The little structure is a stand-in until I build an office. The architectural style will be very similar but a little simpler in detail. Itís starting to look like a going business.

Thanks for following.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 08/28/2019 6:44:30 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 08/28/2019 :  6:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very Sweet. Excellent looking, pleasant scene. Of course your execution of this build is excellent. It really fits your model's region and era. But, I love the Georgian accents on the office building. I bet the gate works too.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/28/2019 :  7:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Thank you.

I like those classic accents also. Itís based on a 19th Century doctorís office in a historic village near Rochester, NY.

The gate can be slid back and forth about halfway closed; it rests on a little hidden runner.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2019 :  8:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like. Really Like! Bravo!

Pete
in Michigan

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 08/28/2019 :  8:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, that whole scene has a real life look to it.
Once you get some coal & coal dust spread around and other related details, it's going to look even more fantastic!
I love the office structure.

Greg Shinnie

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  11:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Pete and Greg!

Greg, yes, itís about time I put my hands on my coal and my grunge powders.

Mike And

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  1:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Great job!
Definitely a showpiece for your layout!

David Guffey

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  1:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hey Mike, that's really nice.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  4:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave and Frank, thank you very much.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/31/2019 :  9:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful looking facility you've produced Mike'. Very nice indeed'. I like that temporary office too'..

ted :<)

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2019 :  08:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a great job, Mike! The entrance gate is a terrific detail.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2019 :  09:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent work all around Mike.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2019 :  10:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

Beautiful looking facility you've produced Mike'. Very nice indeed'. I like that temporary office too'..

Ted,

Thank you. Iíve spent far more time on the facility than I planned, but the more I do the more I want to do.

The temporary office is one of my first scratchbuilding projects when I re-entered the hobby several decades ago. Itís a favorite of mine.

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2019 :  10:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slimrails

What a great job, Mike! The entrance gate is a terrific detail.

Russ,

Thank you. I wasnít sure how the gate would turn out. Iím happy with the result. It helps to know others agree.

Mike

Page: of 83 Topic Next Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette  Valley Part two  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000