Railroad Line Forums - Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 129 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Small Layout Design Help/Challenge - c.1905 Pennsy Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Page: of 64

OK Hogger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  12:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It appears that the UP #157 non-DCC/sound has been dropped, or it's a software/typo issue. I suspect it's the latter.

There's a LOT of Athearn/Roundhouse Old Time 2-8-0 product previewed... I would be highly surprised if they dropped the whole production schedule.

I would like to add one (two would be even better!) of those RTR 2-8-0's to my roster. It would give me another "RTR" steam engine with DCC/Sound.

Bad as it pains me to say it, perhaps if (IF I purchase) the engine (or engines) was lettered UP, such could be lease engines for my Colorado & Pacific. (Maybe AT&SF would be a better choice?)

Fun to dream.

Andre

Edited by - OK Hogger on 07/23/2018 12:48:25 PM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  1:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My impression over time is that the Athearn site is neither 100% error-free nor always helpful.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  7:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a very unique looking 2 8 0 Mike. Nice work as usual. I don't know how you do it in HO scale'.. but you sure get it done'..

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  8:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Ted. Very kind of you. HO is as small as I go, at least for now.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2018 :  4:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, That's neat rebuild.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2018 :  5:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Mike, That's neat rebuild.

Thanks, Bill. Very much appreciated.

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  8:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My master plan (if such a thing exists, because it keeps changing) calls for a lumber yard. So I have started work on one which will need only a few small structures because real estate is tight. I selected a prototype that really appeals to me. Here's a photo of the image I am working from and my start.

The walls are stained a weathered gray color, then I ran artist's pastel sticks along the siding and brushed it hard to remove much of the pastel and give a faded paint look. The trim is stained gray and a sepia stain is brushed on and allowed to dry.

Mike

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  12:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an appealing prototype you picked! very nice.

It's only make-believe

OK Hogger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  12:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I agree with Bob! A very interesting prototype!

Looking forward to watching your progress.

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  07:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Bob and Andre.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  07:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, A good looking choice for a lumberyard, and a good start modeling it.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  07:30:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill, Thank you!

-Mike

ocalicreek
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  11:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a neat prototype - it will make a fascinating and unique model. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  3:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Galen,

Thank you for looking in and for the encouraging words.

Mike

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  3:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great vintage photo- looks like an excellent choice Mike- standing by for further developments...

Page: of 64 Previous Topic: Small Layout Design Help/Challenge - c.1905 Pennsy Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000