Railroad Line Forums - 2'x3' Cork Board Challenge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 143 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 2'x3' Cork Board Challenge
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: O-Scale Switching Layout Topic Next Topic: The Town
Page: of 23

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/17/2014 :  6:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cody,
Now you have me rethinking my layout.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  10:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright Folks,

I got my track down today and my critters are running, which is nice because I haven't had any 16.5mm gauge track running in ages. The track plan is a loop in a kidney shape with one switch and siding. The radius is about ten inches and the 18' gondola I built handles it okay. I'll post dome pics shortly, once my critters get tired of doing laps.

-Cody

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  08:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Cody on your Golden Spike event.

Haven't worked on mine since last week on my last day of.
Maybe I'll have some time today.

As you think, so will you be.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  2:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Progress pictures?

My current build:

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  3:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

Progress pictures?

Soon! It's looking pretty ugly at the moment, mostly since the board has been the base for an Nn3 layout, and HOn30 layout and now an On30 layout. I want to get some rough landforms in place before any photos. I just picked up some plaster and paper towels for that. Stay tuned.

-Cody

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  9:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK Folks,

Here's where we are as of right now:

The 'mainline' loop (On30) is running and the switch works. The upper level track is a piece of N-scale flextrack at the moment but will be replaced with a bit of 20" gauge (10.5mm/HOn3) when we get a little further along. The MDC Shay is sitting in an unlikely spot for an engine shed, but that's where it's going to go. Part of it will also be on pilings over the On30 track. The skip is sitting over where a small ore bin will be built. The bare plywood in the background will become a bit of water and the area on the upper left will be built up similar to the upper right corner.

The small plateau on the right above the station will get a structure of some sort. Across the tracks from the station I'd like to build a small power station for the trolly line. Most of the wye will be buried in a driveway which exits the layout down a slight incline at the front of the layout. I don't know what I'm going to put on the spur or what will go in the lower left corner either. Any ideas and comments more than welcome.

-Cody

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  07:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  09:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good Cody.

As you think, so will you be.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  04:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice. Looking forward to see vegetation and structures growing along (and maybe, for the grass, between) these rails.

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  07:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
looking good Cody

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  1:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  12:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks gents! I made some plaster of Paris rock castings with some Woodland Scenics moulds and started glueing them down. Ground Cover next!

So, c'mon, whats everybody else working on?

-Cody

rotoreggie
New Hire

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  7:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Send rotoreggie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found this challenge to hard to resist so I thought I'd have a crack at it. It will have a tractor motor on the top track loading limestone into wagons on the bottom track pulled by a Porter which runs very nicely on the continuous loop.
I've told the members at my local club about this challenge and we are having a corkboard challenge at our club show, Wagga Wagga Railroad Modellers, in November.
Hope you don't mind me stealing your idea Lars
Here are some photo's of the progress so far.

cheers Dave

Cheers Dave
don't put off till tomorrow what you can do the next day

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  7:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,
Thanks for joining in on the challenge, I like what you have started. I am glad you have pushed this challenge out to your club. Any chance you can get them to add thier construction progress to this thread or you could add pictures from the show?

Cody,
Looking good!

My current build:

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  7:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good start!

Mike

Page: of 23 Previous Topic: O-Scale Switching Layout Topic Next Topic: The Town  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000