Railroad Line Forums - Workbench to Mainline - A Weathering How-to
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Workbench to Mainline - A Weathering How-to
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The proper method of wrapping or winding line Topic Next Topic: Backdrops and Scratchbuilding  

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  10:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moderators note
This is a weathering how to posted by Ralph Renzetti (CN6401).
It is so good that I felt it needed to be included in the Classroom Forum to make it easier to find in the future.
I've copied Ralph's first post from the thread here and the rest can be found here: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41265

On Saturday afternoon November 9th, I had the distinct honor of presenting my Weathering Clinic at the Fine Scale Model Railroad Expo in Pittsfield MA. to a crowd of over 40 participants.

When I first offered to present my clinic at the Expo, Jimmy D replied to my email, by saying that he did not feel my clinic was appropriate for a fine scale structure show.

My response to him was this;
“Jimmy, the patrons that will be attending your show, painstakingly weather and distress their structures to the enth degree and then they run toy trains though their scenes and on their layouts. This clinic will give them a vehicle to weather their rolling stock, engines and vehicles to remove that toy like finish and apply whatever degree of weathering they choose”

My Clinic, ‘Workbench to Mainline’ is geared toward weathering railcars and engines. I don’t promote my methods to be the only methods but they are relatively quick and easy.
The products I use are easily obtainable from your (LHS) Local Hobby Shop and Arts Supply store. There is one other product, Make-up Sponges & Hairspray, that I purchased at a beauty supply store. When I made my first purchase I asked my wife to go with me since I didn’t feel comfortable going in and asking make-up sponges on my own. I have since found that they are available at the Dollar Stores in my area.

In the following pages I have taken my PowerPoint Presentation and converted it to Jpeg for ease of display so that I can share it as I promised to those that attended the clinic and also the members of Jimmy D’s forum the ‘www.kitforums.com’. I am posting here since this is my home forum board.

Here we go so, "Enjoy the ride!"
Growing old is mandatory . . . growing up is optional

Previous Topic: The proper method of wrapping or winding line Topic Next Topic: Backdrops and Scratchbuilding  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000