Railroad Line Forums - The unofficial BVM Gun Car Build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 176 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 The unofficial BVM Gun Car Build
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Texas Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout
Page: of 10

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  11:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kewl. Wherz the gunz???

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  12:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great stuff going on here!

Larry, Thanks for the link about the Canadian Armoured Train, interesting stuff.

I'm tempted to join in but I've got some WWI stuff going on in 4mm scale, so I think I'll just sit back and watch.

-Cody

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  01:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

This is as far as I will go today. I am trying to build the gun from the Gaz kit and there are around 100 parts some are flea sized. patience is wearing thin.

Beautiful assembly on the gon! Take your time with the Gaz gun ... it'll be worth it!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  11:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just finished going through this thread. Got a big chuckle out of it. You guys are having a lot of fun. This reminds me of a picture in MR a long time ago of somebody building a flat car, I believe, with a tank turret mounted on it. On the side it said "Bus Eliminator".

I'm wondering if you guys are driving the NSA nuts with your talk of guns, smuggling and foreign countries. I'm sure they're watching.

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  11:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

I'm wondering if you guys are driving the NSA nuts with your talk of guns, smuggling and foreign countries. I'm sure they're watching.

Bernd

That's a funny thought.
You just never know.

Tommatthews
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  1:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry,

Search light?

Tom M.

ironflyer
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  1:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe true Rick, you know how the saying goes;
I heard a loud knock on the door, then the voice said,
"Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms." Naturally I assumed it was a delivery....

That's fine, it'll make another trip kid.

Paul

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  8:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Paul...I have been paid a visit by the ATF....
won't go into it tho.....

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  9:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah I could have been in one of those teams...frequented a crash and bang team with them nothing like busting down a door.

Les

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  10:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tommatthews

Larry,

Search light?

Good idea!

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link to No. 1 Amoured Train. I had a good chuckle over this, "The Department of National Defence wanted two diesel-electric locomotives (one for a backup). Unfortunately, the two locomotives selected did not have any engines."

At looking at the photos, I'm not sure but I think that's a 13 pounder on the front and a pair of 40mm Bofors on the back. You can see the 'safety' bars to stop the 40's from targeting the train. There is a search light for Larry too.

I ordered a 40mm Bofors and a couple of M1 57mm at guns for good measure, thanks to Larry for securing material though the Lend/Lease Act, and Track48 too.

Cheers, Heath.

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  10:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I received my Gundola kits today, so I'm good to go again.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  10:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elwoodblues

Well I received my Gundola kits today, so I'm good to go again.

Ron,

Maybe you can take it on a road trip and start it up.

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2013 :  12:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The R&D department at my Estrella Copper Co. has wanted to solve a problem that has persisted in the region...when the payroll comes in to Sonora Grande, it must be distributed to employees at locations along the E&SG to the remote mines above Estrella. Given the presence of banditos and other unsavory characters, there have been pilfered payrolls.

Here was their initial solution:

The mining engineers stressed the difficulty of launching a successful attack on the car; it is almost impossible to board, which would require special platforms at pay stations along the line where people could line up to collect their pay at the small door labeled 'HERE - AQUI'. A heavy gun turret and gun slots would provide adequate defensive measures in the event of a robbery.

The crews balked at the idea when shown these prototype plans. First, it would be incredibly hot in that armored box under the desert sun! Secondly, it would be impossible to escape if the bandits doused it with flaming Frijolene, or some other such extreme attack. They said they would rather take their chances in an open car, but they liked the big gun mount.

Frustrated, the engineers threw up their hands and called the crews some things I will not repeat here. The crews are taking the matter into their own hands and drawing up something less 'World War' in appearance, with a big gun and other stuff to defend the payroll. They have not released the design, but can be seen after their shifts in the engine house around plans kept secret. Rumor says it has been named 'El Chupacabra'.

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 10/24/2013 :  03:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ER......

"El Chupacabra" himself.......

Edited by - Geezer on 10/24/2013 6:44:34 PM

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Texas Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000