Railroad Line Forums - The unofficial BVM Gun Car Build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 236 ]  [ Total: 242 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 The unofficial BVM Gun Car Build
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Texas Topic Next Topic: My WW1 2021 So Many Choices” Challenge Thread
Page: of 10

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  05:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kool onset, brudda........

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  08:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good looking kit and a nice start on it Larry.
Since your layout is based in Alaska, instead of hunting moose with a 50 cal., maybe you could entertain the thought of a little whimsey and hunt wooly mammoths instead.

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  12:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Larry, you really done a number on the kit, you are almost there , can't wait to see the 50 cal gun mounted.

Geezer, I'm waiting for my kits to arrive before I continue, I'm hoping that they will come this week.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  1:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All,
You all realize that there is a manufacture out there in the UK that is going to take you seriously, and produce a kit next spring...now how many times have we seen this.

Les

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  1:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gotta agree with this.....
Give it time!!

quote:
Originally posted by visman48

All,
You all realize that there is a manufacture out there in the UK that is going to take you seriously, and produce a kit next spring...now how many times have we seen this.

Les

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  1:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah we need to feed it and really get this going.

Les

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  2:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Larry,
Thanx for this picture!!
I just finished checkout, on this puppy, from Brand (xxx), by Dallas (x) - LMAO!!!!!!

Its really nice to see how CLEAN the castings are made!!!

...... I would like to try a "Gundola", but not yet.....
I've discovered (mostly by lack of interest in my posts), that compared to you fine modelers, my humble work is quite pedestrian, by contrast......
I've been in the hobby for 37 years - but only recently started REALLY pushing myself.....

Anyway, while I figure out THAT sad rant....
I AM considering a "Gundola" for the PBRR!!
I'm surprised, nobody thought of a Gatling Gun - the WMD of the late 19th Century!!
OK!! Got an idea! Now I need a plan....

quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

Ron,

As per usual I unwrapped the kit and threw out the bubble wrap and instruction sheet.
Here is the resin ready for a comet bath.

Since the parts in the box look nothing like this limited rum kit. I have my thinking cap on as to how to cut the parts up to look like the car in the picture.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  2:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...... I would like to try a "Gundola", but not yet.....
I've discovered (mostly by lack of interest in my posts), that compared to you fine modelers, my humble work is quite pedestrian, by contrast......
I've been in the hobby for 37 years - but only recently started REALLY pushing myself.....

Anyway, while I figure out THAT sad rant....
I AM considering a "Gundola" for the PBRR!!
I'm surprised, nobody thought of a Gatling Gun - the WMD of the late 19th Century!!
OK!! Got an idea! Now I need a plan....

Carmine,
Don't worry if you do not get replies, posting your progress and seeing the pictures on screen will make you a better modeler. Trust me I am still tring to get there and I find it helps me.

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  2:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Larry!
I'm not gonna hijack your thread.....
I'll just say that I am my own worst critic!!!!
I do look for encouragement, but for certain, I'm my worst enemy!!!

I DO remember rules 1&2 of MRR'ing....
1) HAVE FUN!!!!

Back on topic - I wonder how hard finding a 1/43 or 1/48 Gatling Gun would be!????

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  2:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who really thought I bashed the grey car, sorry that is a Peco car, I had the kit sitting on the shelf and built it in 10 minutes to have some fun.

The car I received in the mail is now under construction. I will build it first as intended and then start making the Gundola modifications. I may end up making two cars.

Here is where the car stands. Showing off that the leaves have not started to change in Charlotte.

The kit is very simple to assemble and I made no modifications so far to the kit other than the modifications made to the bottom of the hunkered down box car.

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  3:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Off to a nice start, Larry!! I am gonna LOVE this build.

I paid for it Friday, so I should be getting it - what - Tuesday!??!??

J/K!! Usually abt 3 weeks, right?
Anyway, very interested in seeing what you'll end up with!!

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  4:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is as far as I will go today. I am trying to build the gun from the Gaz kit and there are around 100 parts some are flea sized. patience is wearing thin.

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  4:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Larry,
You need some TRACK48 shells and ammo boxes in there too.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  5:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by visman48

Larry,
You need some TRACK48 shells and ammo boxes in there too.

I still need to find a big gun....

If anyone is interested Canada built an armored train in WW2 fearing a Japanese invasion of Prince Rupert.

http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/mb_history/19/armoredtrain.shtml

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  10:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having so much fun following, I think I'm going to try and put something together. I am currently building a Ram II Kangaroo in 1/48, and have two spare .50's.

Cheers, Heath.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Texas Topic Next Topic: My WW1 2021 So Many Choices” Challenge Thread  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000