Railroad Line Forums - HTRR - Chapter 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 81 ]  [ Newest Member: csrr70 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 HTRR - Chapter 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Chuck Diljaks Wyoming Valley Railroad
Page: of 34

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  4:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very Nice Rick the color came out great,

Cheers!, Joe

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  4:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That came out very nice! looks good there.

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  8:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys....now to find something else to work on....

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  09:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have plenty to work on! Here are a few suggestions... Linglestown, Buck Run, Commonwealth, hopper cars.

Mark

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  2:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! IT's always somethin'....

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  5:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Just sayin....

Chuck

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  9:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, rough crowd....LOL

Chuck, unfortunately the $800 "investment proposal" that I presented to the Capital Improvement Committee (Mrs. Harsco) was rather spectacularly shot down in flames; I think the exact wording was: "Whaaattttt???".

I did promise to look for a lower cost alternative and after investing a mere $1.49 in a White Out Pen and less than five minutes per side, came up with an alternative:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_4658_zpslva7db0v.jpg.html][/URL]

I figure the Harrisburg Terminal Railroad "HTRX" markings would neatly sidestep any copyright issues.....LOL.

Edited by - Harsco on 04/12/2016 9:48:55 PM

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  10:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need three! LOL!!!!

dlwrailfan1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  10:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit dlwrailfan1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harsco

Man, rough crowd....LOL

Chuck, unfortunately the $800 "investment proposal" that I presented to the Capital Improvement Committee (Mrs. Harsco) was rather spectacularly shot down in flames; I think the exact wording was: "Whaaattttt???".

I did promise to look for a lower cost alternative and after investing a mere $1.49 in a White Out Pen and less than five minutes per side, came up with an alternative:

I figure the Harrisburg Terminal Railroad "HTRX" markings would neatly sidestep any copyright issues.....LOL.

Like the $1.49 results which are very close to the typical rattle can used by the mill car shop to paint the number and reporting marks.

Eric

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  07:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Makes a lot of sense to me, Rick. That is a big cash outlay. If you decide to go the decal route later, let me know.

Chuck

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I have to agree with Rick. That is a major cash outlay. That car looks great Rick! But I wonder; would a company like Harsco have these cars, even 'spray painted', for inbound loads of scrap? I would assume if they owned cars (and I wonder how many steel mills actually owned revenue service cars), wouldn't they be more for outbound shipments rather than inbound loads?

Mark

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  10:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alternative is to print those out and just glue them to the sides .....ala <> Bill

Cheers!, Joe

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  11:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dnhman

Alternative is to print those out and just glue them to the sides .....ala <> Bill

God help me for saying this, Joe...but that actually sounds like....no, I can't go through with it!

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  11:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

Well I have to agree with Rick. That is a major cash outlay. That car looks great Rick! But I wonder; would a company like Harsco have these cars, even 'spray painted', for inbound loads of scrap? I would assume if they owned cars (and I wonder how many steel mills actually owned revenue service cars), wouldn't they be more for outbound shipments rather than inbound loads?

Actually, no they wouldn't, one of the many reasons why I was a little reluctant to go whole hog on the concept. The only reason why the gondola in the picture even has the "HTRX" reporting marks is because it's an undecorated and very poorly running Con-Cor I bought years ago to bulk up the roster. Typically, steel mills didn't have their own dedicated gons in common carrier service, since scrap tends to come from a wide variety of sources. Inter-plant gons usually didn't have air brakes and couldn't leave the plant (for obvious reasons).

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  11:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

Makes a lot of sense to me, Rick. That is a big cash outlay. If you decide to go the decal route later, let me know.

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck...now that I have the craft paint airbrushing thing figured out, the decal route makes far more sense....

Page: of 34 Topic Next Topic: Chuck Diljaks Wyoming Valley Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000