Railroad Line Forums - HTRR - Chapter 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 HTRR - Chapter 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: hot wire foam cutter Topic Next Topic: HO Layout: Logging at the Turn of the 20th Century
Page: of 35

chrisbconaway
New Hire

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  8:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in for a few gons as well. I like both of the finalist! Which ever one wins is OK by me.

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2015 :  10:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notice who has not made a comment about this yet!

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

Posted - 10/30/2015 :  10:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

Hi Al,

We are pushing Rick to have cars made, not just decals.

I mentioned Accurail earlier in the thread. The appeal of using Accurail vs. Bowser is that they will do a run of cars with a number, but also supply number decals that match the body color and text color/font used in the car. You can overlay the number printed on the car with these decals. And, that is important for many of us who want to have multiple HARSCO cars on the layout. Here is Accurail's custom car information:

http://www.accurail.com/accurail/custom.htm

Besides deciding on the final scheme of the car, there is one other thing that is giving Rick issues in giving the go ahead. There is a real HARSCO prototype. So, Rick's concern is having cars made and selling them to friends and members.

Chuck

Oops! Sorry, Chuck! My bad - should have read the earlier posts more closely!

Anyway, I'm in for one gon, whichever scheme is decided upon.... And I don't even have any industries requiring gons! But it is just too cool to pass up. Kinda neat to have cars from famous model railroads - it will go nicely with my A&M and V&O boxcars....

Al Carter

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/30/2015 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like them both. The black might be a bit more period correct for Rick. Outline Logo gets my vote.

If decals or gons are made available in small scale (N) I will certainly have a few running around layout

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

Edited by - BessemerBob on 10/30/2015 12:02:21 PM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/30/2015 :  2:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice an absence from Harsco himself??? And his vote counts the most!

Mark

keystonefarm
Section Hand

Posted - 10/31/2015 :  1:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested in a couple of cars. never know when Harsco and Lehigh Steel in Buffalo might need to ship some slabs to each other.--- Ken

Twist67
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  06:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Twist67's Homepage  Send Twist67 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Great idea, I would choose the black gon with the outlined logo...

Regards,Chris

MikeMc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/24/2015 :  12:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeMc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If we are trying to determine quantities/feasibility, I am in for a car. Black looks good. Will be fun to weather then add ACI and Consolidated Lube panels, perhaps patch and number change for my 1980 era layout.

I'll make sure Rick gets to operate it's first revenue run!

Mike McNamara
Delran, NJ

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2015 :  1:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geez, its been a month. Any updates Rick?

Mark

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/14/2015 :  1:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a bad year for steel. Economic slow downs globally with increased imports has hurt the industry across the board and it seems that HARSCO is feeling the crunch as well.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2015 :  9:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know for a fact that Harsco is doing well! The last session saw steel being produced in mass quantities and shipped on time! I should know as I was the operator at the Herr Street complex.

And while the owner has, for whatever reason, not contributed to this thread with the frequency as he has in the past, I can assure you that good progress is underway in the newest section of the railroad, Linglestown. In a recent conversation, I thought I had shamed him into updating his thread and treating us with pictures of his progress, but I guess my efforts failed.

Mark

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/14/2015 :  9:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear the update Mark. Keep the irons on the fire!

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 12/16/2015 :  9:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

I know for a fact that Harsco is doing well! The last session saw steel being produced in mass quantities and shipped on time! I should know as I was the operator at the Herr Street complex.

And while the owner has, for whatever reason, not contributed to this thread with the frequency as he has in the past, I can assure you that good progress is underway in the newest section of the railroad, Linglestown. In a recent conversation, I thought I had shamed him into updating his thread and treating us with pictures of his progress, but I guess my efforts failed.

Well, I'd like to agree with Mark and claim great progress, but alas that would be a wee bit deceitful. As he alluded, work continues on the Linglestown Secondary, but it's mostly been a lot of futzing with no appreciable results....yet. Determined not to repeat my past mistakes, this time I'm working from the back to the front and at the moment, having firmly secured and painted the styrene background, am now playing "Background Bingo" with seven or eight different LARC pictures, trying to combine them into some workable setting that's believable. More to follow....

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2015 :  02:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that's progress.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2015 :  2:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I realize I've been MIA for awhile now, but it's mostly because nothing noteworthy has been happening on the Seven Miles of Sheer Hell Route...until recently.

Channeling my inner cheapskate, I came across some stuff I had squirreled away and experienced a Modeling Moment. Here's what I started with...a plastic skewer they use to attach the fruit to a fruit bouquet:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_3589_zpsozyavwfj.jpg.html][/URL]

Seeing that one end was nicely shaped like a Phillips head screwdriver, I reasoned that these skewers would make a great uncoupling tools...so I drilled and fastened a length of .030 wire in the other end, made a bracket for each waybill box around the layout, and finally now have one for every position:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_3585_zpsdnizxqfq.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_3584_zpsq2jflkey.jpg.html][/URL]

With the mojo returning....

Edited by - Harsco on 12/24/2015 2:15:23 PM

Page: of 35 Previous Topic: hot wire foam cutter Topic Next Topic: HO Layout: Logging at the Turn of the 20th Century  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000