Railroad Line Forums - HTRR - Chapter 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 HTRR - Chapter 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: hot wire foam cutter Topic Next Topic: HO Layout: Logging at the Turn of the 20th Century
Page: of 35

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  12:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree! What, do you think we come there to run trains???

Rick, documenting some of the trains would be a cool idea. While some are 'routine' (locals and through freights), many of your operations are very unique and difficult to describe. But a photo-essay of sorts would be fun to do and make for an interesting read.

Mark

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  12:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Documenting some of the trains/ops would be great, either through photo or video, both would be ideal,

Phil

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  2:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red P

quote:
Originally posted by Harsco

As far as controlling costs and profits go, the CFO (Mrs. Harsco) has already eliminated the expensive garlic dip from the op session menu and is currently considering removing the chairs from the snack table...LOL.

You should go to your union. Wasn't garlic dip and chairs negotiated in the last contract? This type of harassment from the management should not be tolerated. LOL

P

O-Oh, Labor unrest!!!

Rick, now that I got my camera back from its trip to 'Lost Wages' with my wife and the annual trip with her sisters to someplace, I can photograph the train(s)on the layout like you suggested. I also think posting in the Operations thread is a good idea as that is what it is for.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Edited by - nhguy on 06/26/2013 2:46:03 PM

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  3:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red P

quote:

As far as controlling costs and profits go, the CFO (Mrs. Harsco) has already eliminated the expensive garlic dip from the op session menu and is currently considering removing the chairs from the snack table...LOL.

You should go to your union. Wasn't garlic dip and chairs negotiated in the last contract? This type of harassment from the management should not be tolerated. LOL

P

After thirty-something years of wedded bliss, I have learned that the HTRR CFO can be a tough negotiator....she keeps making sly little hints about grabbing a throttle some ops night and showing everyone how it's REALLY done. I swear she's a closet operator......LOL

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  3:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

I agree! What, do you think we come there to run trains???

Rick, documenting some of the trains would be a cool idea. While some are 'routine' (locals and through freights), many of your operations are very unique and difficult to describe. But a photo-essay of sorts would be fun to do and make for an interesting read.

I agree, Mr. Next Session Harsco Supervisor. You KNOW I can't possibly chew gum, walk, exchange coal/coke loads, fix couplers, and pester the Herr and Maclay guys ("Five minutes till tap! Five minutes till tap!") as well as take artistic pictures too.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  6:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

After thirty-something years of wedded bliss, I have learned that the HTRR CFO can be a tough negotiator....she keeps making sly little hints about grabbing a throttle some ops night and showing everyone how it's REALLY done. I swear she's a closet operator......LOL

This is why DCC is a miracle. I've set the maximum speed on all of my locos since my wife thinks of model trains as another form of slot cars.

Chuck

Twist67
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  06:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Twist67's Homepage  Send Twist67 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
nice addition to a fantastic layout....very impressive

Regards,Chris

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  08:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A mini-update to the Capital iron project; Jim M, who generously donated the newly revised complex, came over to reconfigure the previously amputated piping and share some of his talent for fabricating PVC pipe:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/B_zpsbf7f84cb.jpg.html][/URL]

Armed with his miter cutting jig and a can of glue, Jim went to work measuring twice and cutting once:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/F_zps2184441f.jpg.html][/URL]

By the end of the evening, he had re-routed the cupola downcomer to the repositioned gas cooler and washer units:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/A_zpsdd1f5543.jpg.html][/URL]

Here it is in place again, this time with some added supports to keep it from sagging:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/D_zpsf29af71c.jpg.html][/URL]

It took some hunting through the local big box stores to find a can of Rustoleum Arm Green Camo paint, but with a little judicious masking and lots of masking tape, I managed to get that obnoxious looking white eliminated:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/E_zps0502f91d.jpg.html][/URL]

There are still a few "blemishes" that need to be taken care of as well as additional details, but Capital Iron is ready for the next op session.

Edited by - Harsco on 07/04/2013 09:03:44 AM

Red P
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  10:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Red P a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks good
P

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eightnotch/

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  10:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sure like the piping

Bryan

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  6:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looking good there Rick!!! Good hing it can go to the bench for fitting.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  6:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something the shrink will never say: You've got quite a nice complex there!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

keystonefarm
Section Hand

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  12:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoying the mill updates and additions. --- Ken

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  10:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, you've been busy while I've been away. That looks awesome. It would appear you've called in the professionals to customize the complex. I can't wait to see it in person.

Mark

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  06:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OUTSTANDING!

Page: of 35 Previous Topic: hot wire foam cutter Topic Next Topic: HO Layout: Logging at the Turn of the 20th Century  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000