Railroad Line Forums - HTRR - Chapter 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 69 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: Davidsamuels ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 HTRR - Chapter 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Chuck Diljaks Wyoming Valley Railroad Topic Next Topic: Continuing Adventures on the B&SGE
Page: of 34

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  09:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good Rick! Those mill flats give me a better idea of how to do some potential scenes around my mill,

Phil

- Phil
Conrail's Delmarva Secondary in N Scale

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  09:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like you have lots of great projects going on, Rick.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

PJ
New Hire

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  3:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit PJ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year Rick

pcmatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  6:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great update Rick. Always in awe of how you're able to use the flats to build out a scene especially when it's mill related-no easy task given the type of industry it is. You give me a lot of hope with the spatial limitations I have.

The ore jennies look great. Did you seal them with anything after you used the powder on them?

Glad to see the branch line is moving closer to a reality. That's going to add a whole new dimension to the layout and the ops sessions.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26375

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  7:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep on Keeping on Rick.

Looking good

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  10:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pcmatt

Great update Rick. Always in awe of how you're able to use the flats to build out a scene especially when it's mill related-no easy task given the type of industry it is. You give me a lot of hope with the spatial limitations I have.

The ore jennies look great. Did you seal them with anything after you used the powder on them?

Glad to see the branch line is moving closer to a reality. That's going to add a whole new dimension to the layout and the ops sessions.

Thanks, Matt...at the moment I have not sealed them, although the Pan Pastel literature says it won't disappear when you do.

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Progress Rick!!!

Cheers!, Joe

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2015 :  11:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some progress to report.....

After fiddling around with this for several years, I finally decided (well, more accurately the CFO and two others picked this one of three versions)on a logo for my fictional version of Harrisburg Steel Corporation, a/k/a HARSCO..here's the winner:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_1140_zps0ef7d74d.png.html][/URL]

Since HARSCO's main product is rail and railroad related castings and forgings, I wanted to somehow work the rail profile in. After making several sizes, I tried one out on the still-a-building rolling mill background flats at Wiconisco Street:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_1165_zpsc819945c.jpg.html][/URL]

The main goal was to come up with something I can then use around the complex to better promote a big corporate atmosphere.

After six years of being asked "Where's the Maclay Street station I'm supposed to stop at?", it's finally finished and installed:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_1157_zpsd1a88041.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_1160_zpsd4692805.jpg.html][/URL]

The station itself is a Laser Kit Lake Junction Branch Line Depot kit modified with a longer roof to keep the paying customers of Trains 982 and 984 dry.

Thanks to regular crew member Joe H's artistry, I now have a far more traditional looking dispatcher's CTC board. Joe updated the line diagram, cleaned up the scribbled notes, and produced this white line on black background diagram:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_1164_zpsc0ee58d3.jpg.html][/URL]

Inspired by Joe's contribution, I then promptly hijacked dnhman's magnetic train marker design and re-made all the needed markers:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_1141_zps065439d9.jpg.html][/URL]

Here's what the eastbound staging side of the diagram looks like locked and loaded for the next session:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_1163_zps92ab72e6.jpg.html][/URL]

The thumbtack knobs and reversed labels will hopefully make the dispatcher's job a little easier in the future.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  08:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the logo and the panel, Rick.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  09:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of great projects completed. The more I look at that logo, the more I like it! I can't wait to see those Harsco gondolas decaled with that logo.

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  09:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the logo, Rick.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

vzjtothalo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  09:19:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GOOD STUFF! I see that high and wide staged......you need to bust out the F40 on them, too.......Mark can cut it into the operating scheme somehow, I'm sure.

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  11:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very cool

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  1:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great looking photos and logo Rick. Hey, you know if you have some decals made I'l buy a set and put them on a mill gon as I have a steel fabricator (Silas Dean Steel)and a scrap metal (R. Haggart Scrap Metal Co.)industry on my layout. Interchange car. Bill

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

MikeMc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  1:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeMc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool stuff. So, the dispatcher's schematic board is made entirely from metal, and the train markers are magnetic strips, with the pins being just the "handle" part glued on, and the pointy part cut off? Pretty cool method!

Mike McNamara
Delran, NJ

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: Chuck Diljaks Wyoming Valley Railroad Topic Next Topic: Continuing Adventures on the B&SGE  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000