Railroad Line Forums - HTRR - Chapter 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: tillerman1 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 HTRR - Chapter 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Construction of the new PRR Northern Division Topic Next Topic: treefoliage made out of gardenpond/aquariumfibers
Page: of 34

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  11:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures, Mark and Rick. It looks like everyone was kept pretty busy.

George

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  12:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice pics guys, looks like everything worked out even though you were shorthanded,

Phil

- Phil
Conrail's Delmarva Secondary in N Scale

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  3:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great photos you guys! Thanks for posting. And....There is nothing wrong with the layout owner getting some throttle time during his own operating session. I wish I could more during mine. Bill.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  9:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys..thanks for the props.....in the intervening time between the last session and the other night, I hadn't run a single train or touched anything on the layout except the one area I had been working on, just barely managing to finish up the re-staging just as the guys were coming down the steps. I was fully expecting a disaster of the highest magnitude.

Bill, I was just perusing your thread on the recent ops session and was thinking what a great idea that is! As far as getting throttle time on the HTRR, I agree...unfortunately they just don't let me, always citing some obscure rule or regulation they can;t seem to produce in writing....

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  11:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Writing? You want it in writing? Ok, I'll type it up and hang it on the wall!

Mark

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  2:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

Writing? You want it in writing? Ok, I'll type it up and hang it on the wall!

Oh Darn!! Sorry Rick, I just ruined it for you. But...the ace in the hole is...Your the Superintendent. You can do what you want!!! Ha!!! Take that Mark!!

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  3:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He can, As long as he clears it with us first!

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  10:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steam Nut

He can, As long as he clears it with us first!

(Spoken like Rodney Dangerfield) Tough Crew, tough crew!

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/14/2014 :  3:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Mr. Harsco, rumor has it that you've been building buildings and adding details, but no updates?

Mark

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  3:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark's somewhat obtuse comment was supposed to prompt a response chock full of exciting updates to the Seven Miles of Sheer Hell Route...but alas, the changes have been more subtle than seismic....let's see....

Lucknow got a Pizzaland:
[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/2_zpse8d73255.jpg.html][/URL]

...and a crane for the team track, courtesy of Joe (dnhman)
[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/3_zpsdfb83820.jpg.html][/URL]

The fire company members recently held a chicken dinner and raised enough money to buy some nice gold leaf lettering for the firehouse:
[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/11_zpseb46b519.jpg.html][/URL]

Been some motive power changes as well... the PRR's newest addition to the Division Street local fleet, a Walther's SW-1, complete with a Steam-Nut installed Tsunami sound system shown here patrolling the backwaters of Capital Street:
[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/1_zpsab3ac455.jpg.html][/URL]

A previously acquired H16-44 (and hastily numbered "1234") finally got her REAL name: 8816 via my very first attempt to program using JMRI. Strangely enough, the loco did not smoke, spit, crinkle, crack, or blow up when programmed, although at this point I remain clueless as to what I actually did.
[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/5_zpse48c9fe6.jpg.html][/URL]

Last, but not least, HARSCO 1329, acquired second hand from the Southern Pacific, finally got the HTRR L&W Treatment. In keeping with the steel mill "make do" philosophy, the lettering and weathering were slapped and smeared on.
[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/4_zps9cc0e05e.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/10_zpsc718b752.jpg.html][/URL]

Other as yet undocumented projects currently residing on the workbench include a small diner for Market Street and about five real feet of chain link fence for Harrisburg Pipe and Tube....and how I despise making chain link fence!

Edited by - Harsco on 07/05/2014 3:38:15 PM

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  3:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harsco
about five real feet of chain link fence for Harrisburg Pipe and Tube....and how I despise making chain link fence!

Rick, I've seen on another forum someone use wedding veil fabric for chain link fence and it looked really good. I'd check it out, might be easier to use. Pics look great as well and congrats on not burning up a loco with JMRI,

Phil

- Phil
Conrail's Delmarva Secondary in N Scale

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  4:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Phil...still stunned that I didn't smoke the decoder. As far as the fencing goes, that's what I'm using - wedding veil material (tulle?) purchased at Joanne Fabrics. As mentioned previously in the thread, accurately laying out, cutting and manipulating the stuff taxes my patience.

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  10:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great updates... like the 8816!

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  11:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its good to finally see an update Rick. I love the firehouse and that firetruck. I dont remember seeing that before!

A little here and a little there. It all contributes to the overall effect and looks great!

Mark

chrisbconaway
New Hire

Posted - 07/06/2014 :  6:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick, I am glad to see that #1234 finally got a real number! I was planning to sneak it home and do it myself but you beat me to it! All of your other projects look great. I wonder if those who work the Lucknow local will have time to grab a slice... assuming that pick up the right cars the first time!

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: Construction of the new PRR Northern Division Topic Next Topic: treefoliage made out of gardenpond/aquariumfibers  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000