Railroad Line Forums - Large scale Indoor layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 146 ]  [ Total: 148 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Large scale Indoor layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0
Page: of 36

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/20/2014 :  12:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Frank,
I have not. If you were going to do that how would you go about it if you were going to do it.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/20/2014 :  12:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Frank,
I have not. If you were going to do a wash how would you go about it.

Edited by - fockewulf37 on 03/20/2014 4:08:26 PM

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/23/2014 :  8:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have had this Bear figurine that I bought a bout 1 year ago. I have been looking for a place to put him.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/23/2014 :  8:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I looked for some type of bee hive that would work and i found this on the internet.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/23/2014 :  8:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is the what i came up with. I worked on a piece of foam for about an hour. I used some chalk and brown HO scale ballast for the bees...

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 03/24/2014 :  01:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that turned out great! Nice job on the beehive.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/24/2014 :  10:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That little beehive is great, and the bear attempting to reach for the hive . . . well I've seen a picture like that before. Nice touch!

Frank

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2014 :  11:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a very good looking scene.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  07:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys.
I have done more work to the other side of the portal. I have a cabin that is from my modular that i was going to use on the hill. I had to make it so it is easily removable. I used the a 1/8" piece of Sign board to make a base that the cabin set down into.

Ty

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  08:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got so busy that i forgot to take pic's of what I did in between. You can see some of it in the back ground of this picture. I blended in the ground cover and then applied natural dirt and than added a little zip texturing to change give a variance in the color.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  11:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
After the dirt was added I felt like I needed a few more rocks and I went back and added a few foam rocks. I added them and colored them.

Where I live there are pine trees everywhere. And you find local forest floors covered in pine needles. So I decided to try my hand at make pine needles. I took some fine bleached sisal rope. I cut it into very short lengths. I then dyed it using a light brown leather dye and alcohol. It came out a decent red-brown color.

I used this for my ground cover. I think it turned out pretty well.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  11:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There will be a road going into the forest behind the cabin. That is why it has not been done yet. The colors look a lot better in person, but get washed out in the pictures.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  11:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I also needed pine trees to make the pine needles look appropriate for the area. I just happened to have a whole box of preserved Ming Fern that I bought over a year ago. It make pretty nice pine trees. I don't think you can get Ming Fern any more that is fresh. I talked to the only company that imported it. They said they quit buying it because the last they received was of very poor quality.
I made the trucks from cedar and then used the ming fern for the branches.

Edited by - fockewulf37 on 03/28/2014 11:53:47 AM

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  3:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
I am working to blend these 2 modules into the bench work. I had to put 2 screws into the one module to hold it down. I used plywood circles to give me a hard point for the screws. I then used 2 old tree stumps to cover the screws.

NPfannate
New Hire

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  11:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im a new member but i have enjoyed reading and watching your posts over the last couple of months. Thank you for all the great info especially with the making of trees!

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000