Railroad Line Forums - São Martins de Rio Valbergue
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 72 ]  [ Total: 78 ]  [ Newest Member: davec ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 São Martins de Rio Valbergue
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monster Bash Topic Next Topic: Wichendon Machine Company
Page: of 48

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know. You'll probably find that instead of launching new modelling projects, I should make some progress on those already started. That's exactly my opinion.

But, sometimes a new opportunity arises that provides an incentive for creativity. On this occasion, this is an invitation by Martin Wellberg (milocomarty) to display some of my work at the 2014 Dutch exhibition 'OnTraxx' that made me wonder what subject I could choose to build a small modular layout.

I thought South America, and especially the area close to the Amazon river could provide an interesting subject, not quite often modelled, and with many scenic and architectural opportunities. So I drew the plan below, which I'll try to turn into an actual model in the forthcoming months.

The scene takes place in the Brazilian part of the Amazon course, hence I decided to use Portuguese for the legends. It's the first time in my life I write any word in this language, so I'm really not sure of the quality of my translations. If Portuguese speakers want to comment and improve, they are really welcome.

As you have certainly observed, the name of the village is a well deserved tribute to our friend Martin.

Edited by - Frederic Testard on 02/01/2013 04:59:26 AM

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frederic, this should allow your scenery juices to really get flowing, love the water courses. I’m looking forward to the project. Boa sorte.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 01/31/2013 7:08:44 PM

milocomarty
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit milocomarty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm honoured Frederic ! And indeed the area is not often modeled, looking forward to the build !

http://martinwelberg.wordpress.com/
http://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frederic wrote;
"I know. You'll probably find that instead of launching new modelling projects, I should make some progress on those already started. That's exactly my opinion."
IMHaughtyO, I think you should just have Fun and do what you want to. This looks like a fun project. I'm sure I'll learn from it. I know I'll enjoy following your build.

It's Only Make Believe

Bob Harris

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in for a follow along. Anything by you should be an interesting project.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How big is the new project, Frederic? And what scale? I'm sure it will be first rate!

Chuck

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the interest, my friends.
Chuck, the planned size for the modules is 60 cm deep by 1 m long, that is 2' deep by 3'4" long. That will make a global display reasonably sized yet big enough to show some interesting things.
Scale/gauge is On30.

If anybody is aware of a manufacturer selling miniature bunch of bananas, I am quite interested.

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in G scale?

Elliott

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add that there are two modules (separated by the dashes in the plan above), so the total length will be 2 m (6'8").

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be following with great interest.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O scale, Elliott, not G.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  8:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frederic, your such a worldly modeler!
One thing won't be lost in the translation,your very fine work!

Good luck with this trip!

Greg Shinnie

mark_dalrymple
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  8:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting looking project Frederic!

I'll be watching your progress for sure!

Cheers, Mark.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  9:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds exciting to watch, and i'll keep my eyes 'peeled' for bananas. [pun intended]

Edited by - kebmo on 01/31/2013 9:29:14 PM

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  9:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2014? Even if it's January 2014, you've got plenty of time!

Good Luck- I'll be watching and asking questions too!

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  11:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can see large snakes hanging from the trees and frothy water where piranhas are devouring some carcass:) This will be a fun build. I look forward to its progression. Scott

Page: of 48 Previous Topic: Monster Bash Topic Next Topic: Wichendon Machine Company  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000