Railroad Line Forums - The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 83 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: le belge ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Basswood Corner Posts? Topic Next Topic: Monday morning Lounge 6/5/2017
Page: of 43

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  3:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had no idea!! Do you know how the allies fueled their army during the invasion of Europe?? Very interesting.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/Nv9lBqPVuoE&feature=uploademail

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  4:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't know if this has been published on this forum or not; but it is pretty interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_ACjJnrn1lc#

John

spyder62
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  4:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit spyder62's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For you Pepsi and Race fans this one is GREAT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q5mHPo2yDG8

Would love to have been there
rich

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
--John Adams

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  4:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hunter48820

Hi All,
Supposedly a true story!!

Subject: The Chicken gun.
British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two, and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the U.S scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo --
"Defrost the chicken." (True Story)

don't know if that ones' true, but the exact same scenario was conducted on MythBusters TV program. After the 1st shot, they concluded the chicken must NOT be frozen.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  5:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mabloodhound

quote:
Originally posted by hunter48820

Hi All,
Supposedly a true story!!

Subject: The Chicken gun.
British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two, and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the U.S scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo --
"Defrost the chicken." (True Story)

don't know if that ones' true, but the exact same scenario was conducted on MythBusters TV program. After the 1st shot, they concluded the chicken must NOT be frozen.

Obligatory Canadian Content (you -know- what this video is going to be!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdeg9izJE3I

dave (who realized he had been in Canada too long when he could watch an entire episode of Air Farce and get all the political jokes...)

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  1:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Really fun test drive.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151485092464116

Bill Shanaman

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  11:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, that video is AWESOME! Funniest I've seen in a while.

Mark

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  11:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great video Bill!! Even had me on the edge of my seat in a few of those scenes, especially along the dock of the building!!

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  09:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both my wife and I liked this video, she even put it on her Facebook page. Definately funny; too bad Chevy never made a 2009 Camero

John

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  10:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought you might enjoy watching this N. Korean propaganda film as you're drinking coffee made from snow: http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=4&from=en-us_msnhp#/video/85746905-0ab0-c6c7-c62f-97b5c11eac09

As you think, so will you be.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  10:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the advent of computers, tablets and smart phones, do we finally have a paperless society? http://vimeo.com/61275290

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  1:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Thought you might enjoy watching this N. Korean propaganda film as you're drinking coffee made from snow: http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=4&from=en-us_msnhp#/video/85746905-0ab0-c6c7-c62f-97b5c11eac09

The best part is: "The birds are yummy!" I don't even think the word 'yummy' is in the Korean language.

North Korean propaganda at its best. This is how they control its people. Why do you think they keep them so isolated? If they got one peek at the real world they would all defect.

I was there in 1982-83 at Suwon AB. In my last two weeks there we had a North Korean flight instructor, a major in the NKAF, peal off his flight of students and head south. He flew right over the base waging his wings. This is a sign of defection. He landed his fully armed MiG19 at Suwon. He told us that the N. Korean government had killed his entire family or put them in work camps to keep him in the NKAF. As he nothing else to loose he defected. He's now a millionaire. There was (and probably still is) a standing one million dollar reward if any N. Korean military member flies his plane or helicopter to a NATO base turns it over and defects. The base went on alert, the alert ROKAF F-4s took off, and after the plane had landed the sirens in Seoul went off. I happened to be the flight chief for the 6170th Security Police Branch stationed there for the day and out in my jeep patrolling and doing checks when this incident occurred. Quite the pucker factor.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Edited by - nhguy on 03/15/2013 1:42:33 PM

Newcastle Kid
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  7:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Say, buddy, any cops around here?
No, no there's not.
Well then,stick'em up!

John Kerekes
Graduate, summa cum laude
Armchair Model Railroad Institute

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  3:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  4:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or misspell it, depending on how it all comes out.
You could also end up with DOCTORS,DESPOIL,TROUBLE,TURMOIL.
All If spelt correctly you could earn an additional 50 bonus points for using all 7 letters.

Greg Shinnie

Edited by - Ensign on 03/16/2013 4:47:06 PM

Page: of 43 Previous Topic: Basswood Corner Posts? Topic Next Topic: Monday morning Lounge 6/5/2017  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000