Railroad Line Forums - The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 10 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Dan ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday Topic Next Topic: Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge
Page: of 43

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2014 :  09:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKikHxKeodA

As you think, so will you be.

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2014 :  2:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

trainmanmarsh
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/24/2014 :  12:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit trainmanmarsh's Homepage  Send trainmanmarsh a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.
The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota."

Well, the boss was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him the job.

"You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor.

"How many customers bought something from you today?" The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, "One". The boss says "Just one?!!? Our sales people average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day.

That will have to change, and soon, if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida. One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota, but you're not on the farm anymore, son."
The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kinda bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"
The kid looks up at his boss and says "$101,237.65".

The boss, astonished, says $101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The boss said "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?"
The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing

Espen

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 06/24/2014 :  4:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  12:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's what happens when the backhoe operator goes totally psycho:

http://youtu.be/8iZgQr_uko8

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  10:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BEST LAWYER / INSURANCE STORY OF THE YEAR, DECADE, AND POSSIBLY THE CENTURY.

This actually took place in Charlotte, North Carolina.

A lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against, among other things, fire.

Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of these great cigars, the lawyer filed a claim against the insurance company.
In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost 'in a series of small fires.'

The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason, that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.

The lawyer sued and WON!
(Stay with me.)

Delivering the ruling, the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous. The judge stated nevertheless, that the lawyer held a policy from the company, in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining what is considered to be unacceptable
'fire' and was obligated to pay the claim.

Rather than endure lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000 to the lawyer for his loss of the cigars that perished in the 'fires'.

NOW FOR THE BEST PART...

After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!! With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000 fine.

This true story won First Place in last year's Criminal Lawyers Award contest.

ONLY IN THE U. S.of A. - NO WONDER THE REST OF THE WORLD THINKS THEY'RE NUTS.

Walt

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  11:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great story about the cigars, but it's actually an urban legend that's been around since at least the mid-60s:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/clever/cigarson.asp

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2014 :  09:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never realized that Brad Paisley wrote a song about this.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2014 :  10:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2014 :  12:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dorothy and Edna, two "senior" widows, are talking.

Dorothy: "That nice George Johnson asked me out for a date. I know you went out with him last week, and I wanted to talk with you about him before I give him my answer."

Edna: "Well, I'll tell you. He shows up at my apartment punctually at 7pm, dressed like such a gentleman in a fine suit, and he brings me such beautiful flowers! Then he takes me downstairs. And what's there; a limousine, uniformed chauffeur and all. Then he takes me out for dinner; a marvelous dinner, lobster, champagne, dessert, and after-dinner drinks. Then we go see a show. Let me tell you Dorothy, I enjoyed it so much I could have just died from pleasure! So then we are coming back to my apartment and he turns into an ANIMAL. Completely crazy, he tears off my expensive new dress and has his way with me three times!"

Dorothy: "Goodness gracious! So you are telling me I shouldn't go?"

Edna: "No, no, no... I'm just saying, wear an old dress."

dress."

Walt

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  12:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carlton Draught - Beer Chase - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00kpXANy7Hw

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  1:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good! The Carlton Draugh "Big Ad" is my favorite commercial of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYPGmwq_Ncw

The beer is pretty good, too! I made a point to try it when I was in Australia (in response to the last line from 'big ad'.)

dave

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  9:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a cool job.

Official photographer of the US Air Force Thunderbirds - http://vimeo.com/100279964

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  2:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is sure to put a smile on your face. Bill
https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/ub1Dc3NHZ3s%26autoplay=1

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  11:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seen on a bumper sticker yesterday: "Midwives help people out."

Page: of 43 Previous Topic: Thursday Topic Next Topic: Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000