Railroad Line Forums - Long Overdue Image...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 46 ]  [ Total: 46 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Sponsor Forums
 Rusty Stumps Scale Models
 Long Overdue Image...
 Forum Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Hope for Railroads in the US yet Topic Next Topic: Rusty Stumps Scale Models Closes June 20th.....  

umtrr-author
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  5:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit umtrr-author's Homepage
I know the Rusty Stumps folks encourage postings of photos with their products in use, but they probably didn't mean for users to take as long as I did...

This is a Northeastern N Scale Kit that looked too overpoweringly large as built, so I cut down the base until the entrance was level with the ground. I completely botched the assembly of the steeple (I'll be nice and blame myself!) so I invented the story that the top of it was destroyed in a storm. A fundraising sign out front requests, "Help rebuild our steeple!" attached to the actual result of my attempt to build the top of the church. You can see why I didn't mount it atop the church. The roof cover is HO Scale Rusty Stumps green shingles, which I thought looked good for slate which was used on some churches. I colored in all of the "stained glass" windows by hand with Sharpies, but I'm not sure how visible they are.

umtrr-author
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  5:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit umtrr-author's Homepage
And (since I can't edit a leadoff post in a topic!) is the church in context of Main and Church Streets in downtown Au Sable Forks on my N Scale Wilmington & New York Railroad:

I'm very happy with the way the roof turned out using the Rusty Stumps shingles.

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  8:48:16 PM  Show Profile
Looks real good George. I missed this post. Need to keep track of things down here more.

Previous Topic: Hope for Railroads in the US yet Topic Next Topic: Rusty Stumps Scale Models Closes June 20th.....  
 Forum Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000