Railroad Line Forums - The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 75 ]  [ Total: 77 ]  [ Newest Member: schantze ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Page: of 93

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  12:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a little time so here's a Pix of the trestle with the ALL footings in place;

The trestle just needs a walkway now. I'm going to borrow from the V&T's Crown Point trestle and have a separate walkway suspended under the track level. Before I build that, I'm going to lay the approaching rails and "DCC friendly" a turnout at Beaver Hill and my trains will have a compete twice around loop to follow. Then I'll build the walkway except for the two stair treads that will connect to the abutments. They'll have to wait for the scenery to go in. And might be a while for this trestle. The plan is so start at Mill Slough trestle and work around to this trestle. Plans are subject to change we know. I'm still trying to fit a sawmill between Coos' Yard and Millers Slough too. I also need to decided weather to first build the staging yard or the station and industry tracks at Beaver Hill. I'll think about it tonight at work .

It's only make-believe

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  3:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Impressive timbering, Bob and when the walkway gets added that will be a nice detail to see.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  11:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill, Things are shaping up.

It's only make-believe

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  1:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a fine looking trestle, Bob. Too bad it's not a foreground model.

George

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  2:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks George, I really appreciate that. Not everything can be in front can it? But it's still plays an essential role and has to look good doing it. Hum, like a lot of people I know.

It's only make-believe

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  5:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice trestle Bob'..

Ted

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  5:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

I'm wondering what the scenery behind the trestle will look like.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  6:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot Ted!

Hi Mike, Plans call for a lot of evergreens back there with a suggestion of a small stream.the pink on the right is going to get cut way back to match the slope of the ground behind that end of the trestle.

It's only make-believe

Edited by - railman28 on 11/13/2016 6:12:05 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  6:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot, there is going to be a country road that will wing behind the tall footing on the right, pass over the Steam and then go under the trestle again between the two tall footings on the left. The road will end at the station further on the left.

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  7:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Thank you. Sounds nice. It will be interesting watching you do the scenery in this area.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  01:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike. I hope that next spring the basic land forms and ground cover will be complete. It depends how much structure building, engine detailing or work on the passenger car fleet I let get in the way. After I get the trains looping hopefully before Dec 1st. I will meditate on things for a few weeks. Right now I want to finish the station tracks at Beaver, the staging yard in the "great beyond" and put in a temporary track for the wharf at Coos until the turnouts that I farmed out to a professional because I felt they where beyond my abilities show up. Here's today progress. I put in the right approach tracks and trimmed back the foam;

And I found room for a Sawmill in the Slough (on the time table it's in Beaver Jct.);

When I upgrade this model to my current standards I will open this side of the building to allow the machinery to be seen. I was going to put a bay scene here with a toil bridge going to the slough but I think the mill will be better.

It's only make-believe

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  02:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On 6/25/12 I started rebuilding my layout.
Tonight I take this picture;

The engine was driver to the new trestle not placed there. And then she descended the grade to Coos Bay and went around and around until I got tired of standing. In other words the mainline is now complete. A few bugs have to be worked out yet but she's running again. Lot's of fun projects remain though.

It's only make-believe

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  07:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of good stuff going on there, Bob. Nice progress.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  08:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob, very cool. Must be a good feeling.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  08:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, that trestle, with the background you described behind it, will be a great setting for photographing trains!

Page: of 93 Topic Next Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000