Railroad Line Forums - The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Promised Update... Topic Next Topic: Small Layout Design Help/Challenge - c.1905 Pennsy
Page: of 94

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  5:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

As Ernest Tubb sang: "Tanks a Lot!"

Hope you're on the road to recovery. We went to see Star Wars while our kids were visiting on Christmas Day. We also saw the new Quentin Tarantino film, which was a little like when I'm using my XActo knife: blood everywhere.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  7:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting design.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  11:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

I'm back to working a little on my machine shop and have been rereading your machine shop construction thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30407

I noticed that you used Tyvek for the belts. Do you recall where you bought sheets of this material?

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  01:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank. Summpter Valley did the basic designing. I'm just tweaking it a bit to fit the architecture of the stations they'll serve.

Tanks back at ya Mike! The Paper I used for my belts was kindly given me by Anders C. Malmberg who bought it in a Stationary store in Sweden.

It's only make-believe

Edited by - railman28 on 01/08/2016 01:09:36 AM

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  5:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't get too tanked Bob By the way they look great!

Yesterday I saw the new Star Wars movie for the second time with my kid. As I don't particularly like episode I-III it has been a long wait since Return of the Jedi. Well worth waiting for though.

Håkan

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  12:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And one more time, Tanks to you Håkan!

And I've yet to meet the person who particularly liked episode I-III. But, the light sabre play was the best in them.
I think these new kids will get the hang of it by the next one though. Sure hated to see Hans go. This was a good start I thought to some more fun.

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  08:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All I can say is they've gone way beyond DCC.
Mike

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  1:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,
Two weeks ago my Mom had a stroke so I haven't had much time to play with the trains. I did test my new engine and I did do a little on the water tanks, building the spout holders;

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2016 :  01:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Sorry to hear about your mom. I sort of thought something had happened, you were quiet for a while.

Nice to see you back at it. Congratulations on your new locomotive.

Mike

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2016 :  03:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that Bob, my hopes to you that she gets better.

Håkan

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2016 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Guys. Thank you very much.

It's only make-believe

Edited by - railman28 on 01/30/2016 11:48:23 AM

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2016 :  1:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, sorry to hear of your Mother's CVA. I hope that her return to a normal life style occurs quickly. I know that this type of issue can have a huge affect on the surrounding family members. Best only to you and yours during this tough time.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  1:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kris, Thank you very much. I do appreciate your warm wishes, I really do. My Mom is getting better. But when you're 92 nothing happens quickly.
At least she can still read and that is her favorite thing to do.

It's only make-believe

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  9:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little progress;

It's only make-believe

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  3:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob! They look top notch!

Håkan

Page: of 94 Previous Topic: Promised Update... Topic Next Topic: Small Layout Design Help/Challenge - c.1905 Pennsy  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 3.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000