Railroad Line Forums - Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 252 ]  [ Total: 258 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Harmony Junction Switching Layout Topic Next Topic: Backdrops
Page: of 39

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  6:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on the gold spike Chuck! That is a major milestone. I like the historical marker! A very cool idea.

Mark

BandO Boy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  10:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit BandO Boy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good job, Chuck... and very nice marker... you should do another one for the first tree planted... now that will be a milestone!

Best regards -
Jim Fawcett
Scotch Plains, NJ

http://oldmainline.blogspot.com

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  04:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on driving the golden spike, Chuck. That's one small step for you, one giant leap for the layout.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  07:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BandO Boy

you should do another one for the first tree planted... now that will be a milestone!

Boy, some people are just never satisfied with the pace of progress.

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  09:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And after you get that first tree planted, keep going. I'm expecting a call in the near future to evaluate your layout for the NRMA's Golden Spike Award.

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  09:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm already planning Fawcett's Forest...

Chuck

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote

-Dave

-Dave

BandO Boy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  11:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit BandO Boy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chuck, I'd be honored, but you can do better... Fawcett Forest?...I fear that to be truly representative the trees in THAT forest would have to have old, thickening trunks and creaky, weakening limbs w/ some serious thinning on top... not too pretty!

Best regards -
Jim Fawcett
Scotch Plains, NJ

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  12:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like that hammer Chuck,,,, good going

Cheers!, Joe

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  7:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On Sunday, I was at my brother's house, whihc is 20 miles away from the Lackawanna's Tunkhannock (or Nicholson) Viaduct. I've always wanted to see it, but never did, even though I grew up about 60 miles from it. Anyway, this is an example of the historical markers that Pennsylvania has.

And, here is a better shot of the viaduct.

Chuck

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  8:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck

Is that near the town of Tunkhannock on the way to Towanda?????

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  8:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jerry,

Yes, about 15-20 miles northeast of Tunkhannock. It is in the village of Nicholson, PA.

Chuck

otiscnj
Section Hand

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  8:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shots! Nice clear(and probably frigid) weather. I've been there several times. As a kid in the 70's my goal was to bike out to see the Paulinskill Viaduct, in NJ, not far from the Delaware Water Gap. Would have been an all day bike trip. Been there several times since, too. Its only 150 feet tall, and I think has only 7 or so arches-still very impressive, today!

BandO Boy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  9:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit BandO Boy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice shots... if curious to see the viaduct in context, check out Bing Maps and search Nicholson, PA... the Starrucca viaduct can be seen searching Lansdale, PA... and my personal favorite is the smaller, but older, Thomas viaduct in St. Denis, MD... play w/ the zoom and directionals for some neat views.

Best regards -
Jim Fawcett
Scotch Plains, NJ

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  9:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A correction to Jim's comments. Starrucca is in Lanesboro, PA, not Lansdale. So many towns with similar names! The nice thing about Starrucca and Tunkhannock viaducts is that they are in the same northeast region of PA. You could see them both in one trip. But, I only went to see Tunkhannock and still need to see Starrucca.

Chuck

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Harmony Junction Switching Layout Topic Next Topic: Backdrops  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000