Railroad Line Forums - Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 186 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Harmony Junction Switching Layout Topic Next Topic: Backdrops
Page: of 39

Ensign
Engineer

Posted - 02/28/2016 :  6:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, on a scale from 1 to 10, I give it a 10+.

Greg Shinnie

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2016 :  9:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another award winner Chuck!

Mark

BandO Boy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  09:13:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit BandO Boy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice finish, Chuck... the use of slate is really not all that surprising actually... it was cheap and plentiful back in the day, especially in the region in which you are modeling... BTW, is that a 'scale' pun from Greg?

Best regards -
Jim Fawcett
Scotch Plains, NJ

http://oldmainline.blogspot.com

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  6:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck some fine detail work. It came out perfect,

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  11:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BandO Boy

BTW, is that a 'scale' pun from Greg?

On balance, I would say that is a 'scale' pun.

Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/02/2016 :  08:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck,

Bonnie just looked at your scale house and gave it two thumbs up.

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/02/2016 :  08:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bonnie! Now you'll have to see the revised area. When you were last here, the area was stripped clean of track and structures.

Bruce, I wrote up the scale house for the AP program. I need to finish work on the other structures and remaining paperwork.

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  10:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing really new to report. But, I just wanted to share a photo of the status of Lunde Colliery. You can see the scale house on the far left, next to the red pickup truck. The foreground area where there is some empty space will eventually have a wash house and a Dorr thickener (water treatment facility). And, there will be an office near the scale house. Plus, probably a few other small structures. I still need to finish the breaker and head frame. Lots to do.

Chuck

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  11:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks nice overall; At this point I'd be tempted to start with the ballast and coal fines, with 'dirt' or 'coal fines' paint only where future structures will go.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  08:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice looking Chuck. Looking forward to the start of the scenery.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  4:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fine set of buildings, Chuck. They all contribute to very well define the scene and give it a strong structure. As Jerry said, the addition of scenery around them will blend everything and make a great piece of modelling.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  1:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No real progress on the layout, unfortunately, due to the 9 to 5 job. But, since I went to the trouble of posting a link on this morning's lounge thread, I thought I would post it here. This is the URL for the PRR scale house that is just north of Lewisburg, PA on Route 15. The longitude and latitude are exposed after you click on the URL, below. I figure Mark would want to know where it is, anyway.
http://tinyurl.com/PRRScaleHouse

If you scroll it to the left, you will see a northeastern style caboose. I do not know the heritage of it. But, I have seen cabooses come and go from this track. And, the little building to the left of the scale house is something else I do not know much about.

But, if anyone visits the area and needs a place to eat, there is a place called the Country Cupboard. When you scroll the view to the right and look south on Route 15, the next light that is green is where the Country Cupboard is. You won't go away hungry.

Chuck

Edited by - wvrr on 04/04/2016 1:05:01 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  3:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google maps, including their street views are a useful modeler tool.

George

Fly Army

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  5:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sure you didn't take yours outside and take that picture???

If not you sure did that building all the justice it deserves Chuck. Great job.

Jerry

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  11:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting that and thinking of me Chuck! So maybe I missed it somewhere but where is that scale house originally from? If memory serves me correctly, isn't that an old Reading line that it currently sits on? I believe that's the line that made its way down to the PP&L plant at Shamokin Dam.

Mark

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Harmony Junction Switching Layout Topic Next Topic: Backdrops  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000