Railroad Line Forums - SierraWest's Main Street..... Upscaled
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 216 ]  [ Total: 218 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SierraWest's Main Street..... Upscaled
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: MDC Climax Kitbash by Steve Turner Topic Next Topic: Choices challenge. Interaction Portable Station
Page: of 15

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  10:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attaboy! (but seriously)

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  10:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like Dallas said

Seriously Karl you may need to pull an all nighter to finish on time. The stairs look good, a little unsafe but considering the neglected paint on the building maybe the hand rails could just be some broken strip wood on the ground.

Looking forward to your finish.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  02:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's looking very good, Karl. Geometry and adjustment are perfect. I have been wondering whether a bit of 'differential' wear on the stairs to show where people usually walk would make sense.

Cascade Man
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  12:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following this has been awesome! The anticipation is killing me to see what it's going to look like finished! Maybe I'll try this next!

Bryan

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  09:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks indeed for the replies Delbert, Dallas Larry, Frederic and Bryan, great to read your posts.

Bryan if I had known you were sitting there waiting for updates I would have picked up the pace a little .
Great to hear from a newer member and that you are enjoying the build.

Karl.A

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  10:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to see some more progress again Karl.

For a change your posting build progress more frequently than me.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  11:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Frequency does not excede quality......

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  10:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job on the stairs - this was one of my favorite parts of main street - you will recall I had a family coming out of the upstairs doorway and preparing to scale the step to the lower level - loved that little bit of action and I can already imagine such a thing happening here - again - sweet work

Elliott

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  10:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure is a wonderful thread Karl... got me going for sure. Now back to work minion.....

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  11:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karl A:

Looking good so far.

Karl S.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  11:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks indeed Elliot Kris and Karl.S, most appreciated.

Elliot, I have your build thread open in another window on the screen infront of me and refer to it often as I am building.

Karl.A

TjSeeley
Section Hand

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  6:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been watching this build as a VERY new builder (doing my first actual house - weathering the wood now). Your work is so amazing! I really want the old farmhouse to be weathered white paint, but can't imagine doing as well as you have! Can't wait to see the finished work! And....thanks SO MUCH for sharing!

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  10:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a bunch for the kind words Tj, great to have another new member following along and posting.
Jump in with any questions, sharing is why we are here....

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 03/02/2012 10:39:25 PM

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  10:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

Seriously Karl you may need to pull an all nighter to finish on time.................

Pffft, the deadline is "almost" an eternity away.... besides I work better under pressure.

Karl.A

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  08:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The usual Karl. Excellent work. Stairs are looking good. Waiting for he next set of pictures.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 15 Previous Topic: MDC Climax Kitbash by Steve Turner Topic Next Topic: Choices challenge. Interaction Portable Station  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000