Railroad Line Forums - Out of the salvage yard.....
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 228 ]  [ Total: 228 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Rolling Stock: the Car Shops
 Out of the salvage yard.....
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: NMRA AP Cars Certificate Support Thread Topic Next Topic: Choices Challenge Flat & Gon cars
Page: of 42

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  10:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

It's more of a reverse kit. It was once built and now it's a kit.

Frank

ocalicreek
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  2:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow...that warp. I am curious to see how you address it, as I just recently purchased a similar HOn3 combine that could do with a good straightening-out. Following along with great interest, as always!

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2020 :  1:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, this renovation will be a walk in the park for you, the nack you have for building cars will be fully applied. I look forward to end results'...

As expected, the caboose is beautiful.. I really like th top windows open'... Nice touch'..

Ted

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2020 :  3:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, once I get this LWS MP54 kit that I bashed into the combine off my bench and out of my shop, I should be able to get into this pass car project. The LWS kit had been on the back of the bench 3/4 done for more than a decade. Every time I approached it, peals of derisive demonic laughter was issue forth.....but it should be done later this week.....

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  11:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am setting aside the SN car to restore to complete these 2 reefers since that action clears more space off the stack and probably a lot more quickly as well. There was also a PSC reefer that needed a new brake wheel and staff, and now that's waiting for paint.

In any case, I picked these 2 up thinking that they were nicely done, and just needed completion.

Underbodies, some roof repair, and details all around.....

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  11:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very sharp, Martin. Got a color picked out?

Sounds like your airbrush is going to be busy soon.

Mike

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  12:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Very sharp, Martin. Got a color picked out?

Sounds like your airbrush is going to be busy soon.

Mike

I'll have to wait a bit for it to warm up for painting outside.

Got dry transfers for these 2 out of the box. States the car was "green" - leaves a bit of interpretation. When I get closer to done, I'll open up the transfers and see if that's also the roof and ends.

Also have dry transfers for the PSC car; white sides and red roof & ends. Ok, no white in stock....

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  08:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Underbodies built up and installed.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  09:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good work doing the detailing, Martin.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  09:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Good work doing the detailing, Martin.

Thanks! All 4 sides are next,

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  10:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your work is just so outstanding.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  11:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Your work is just so outstanding.

Thanks, but now I can't get out of my office; got my head stuck in the door again,

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2020 :  10:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sides pretty much done....

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2020 :  12:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Multi tasking - wood in one thread and styrene here.

The reefers look great, Martin.

George

Fly Army

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2020 :  1:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Multi tasking - wood in one thread and styrene here.

The reefers look great, Martin.

George

Good point, George! This is for all those that think that I only work in wood,

Page: of 42 Previous Topic: NMRA AP Cars Certificate Support Thread Topic Next Topic: Choices Challenge Flat & Gon cars  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000