Railroad Line Forums - The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...
Page: of 89

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  5:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, beautiful work on your sawmill, and your
Pullman car "Dayton".
It's always nice to visit the California Railway & Navigation Co. to see what wonderful things that are happening here.

Greg Shinnie



Country: Canada | Posts: 7768 Go to Top of Page

George D
Moderator

Premium Member


Posted - 05/25/2015 :  06:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, your Pullman car is absolutely beautiful.

George



Country: USA | Posts: 14618 Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer



Posted - 05/25/2015 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spectacular modelling, Håkan! She's a true beauty! Love the look as she's parked in front of that structure.

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Country: | Posts: 11492 Go to Top of Page

masonamerican
Fireman



Posted - 05/26/2015 :  12:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks Greg, George and Mike for the kind words! Now its off to concentrating on the sawmill so I can continue on the scenery. As it is now I can't run the trains on the whole layout.

Håkan



Country: Sweden | Posts: 1669 Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman



Posted - 05/26/2015 :  11:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

As it is now I can't run the trains on the whole layout.




Despite our progress elsewhere That still remains our yardstick. It's an interesting trait.


It's only make-believe

Country: USA | Posts: 4726 Go to Top of Page

masonamerican
Fireman



Posted - 05/27/2015 :  1:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by railman28

quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

As it is now I can't run the trains on the whole layout.




Despite our progress elsewhere That still remains our yardstick. It's an interesting trait.



I expressed myself a little strangely but sometimes when I work on a project for a long time it becomes more like a chore. Then its nice to finish it and move on to other things. It feels like progress on the layout has halted so it will be nice working on it for a change.

Håkan



Country: Sweden | Posts: 1669 Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman



Posted - 05/27/2015 :  1:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

quote:
Originally posted by railman28

quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

As it is now I can't run the trains on the whole layout.




Despite our progress elsewhere That still remains our yardstick. It's an interesting trait.



I expressed myself a little strangely but sometimes when I work on a project for a long time it becomes more like a chore. Then its nice to finish it and move on to other things. It feels like progress on the layout has halted so it will be nice working on it for a change.

Håkan



Actually Håkan, I think I understand completely. That's why I have several projects going at the same time. Some just being planed, some under active construction so that one does not become a chore. The only problem with that is having too many to manage and then nothing gets "finished".


It's only make-believe

Country: USA | Posts: 4726 Go to Top of Page

CavalryTrooper25
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/27/2015 :  3:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

[/quote]

Actually Håkan, I think I understand completely. That's why I have several projects going at the same time. Some just being planed, some under active construction so that one does not become a chore. The only problem with that is having too many to manage and then nothing gets "finished".
[/quote]

I'm right there with you on that. I usually have five or more going. When I run into a glitch, or need to wait while glue, paint, etc, etc sets, I put that one down, and move on to another.

Horse




Country: | Posts: 509 Go to Top of Page

Tom Coletti
Engine Wiper



Posted - 05/27/2015 :  6:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your rolling stock is truly stunning! Keep up the great work.


Country: | Posts: 146 Go to Top of Page

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member


Posted - 05/27/2015 :  8:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just beautiful.

Dave

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney

http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com

Country: USA | Posts: 1089 Go to Top of Page

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  05:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Impressive Pullman

Bryan

Country: USA | Posts: 1478 Go to Top of Page

masonamerican
Fireman



Posted - 05/29/2015 :  5:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom, Dave and Bryan!

Håkan



Country: Sweden | Posts: 1669 Go to Top of Page

Greg Rich
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/29/2015 :  7:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan,
I've just been catching up here in your thread.
WOW! The Dayton would do Mr. Pullman proud! I'm sure it would put a smile on the old guy's face. What did you use as a base for the Dayton? Is that a "broken bull-nose" roof?
While studying the pictures, I took note of all the fine pin-striping (steps, end beams,etc.). Also, the filigree on the sides is exquisite! May I ask HOW you get your LP to perform such works of art? Would it be too much to ask for you to introduce your craftsman to the group?

Regards,

Greg R.



Country: | Posts: 459 Go to Top of Page

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member


Posted - 05/30/2015 :  12:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, the passenger cars look absolutely stunning. All that fancy paint-work sure does make them unique.

looking forward to your continuing build.


Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

Country: Australia | Posts: 1854 Go to Top of Page

masonamerican
Fireman



Posted - 05/31/2015 :  04:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Greg and Robert!

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Rich

Håkan,
I've just been catching up here in your thread.
WOW! The Dayton would do Mr. Pullman proud! I'm sure it would put a smile on the old guy's face. What did you use as a base for the Dayton? Is that a "broken bull-nose" roof?
While studying the pictures, I took note of all the fine pin-striping (steps, end beams,etc.). Also, the filigree on the sides is exquisite! May I ask HOW you get your LP to perform such works of art? Would it be too much to ask for you to introduce your craftsman to the group?




I'm happy you like it Greg. It is good to have a small dedicated workforce with LPs. They are very nimble and they don't require much food and lodging space either. Most convenient. They are a little shy though but I managed the other day to take a photo of them hard at work



Håkan



Edited by - masonamerican on 05/31/2015 04:50:12 AM

Country: Sweden | Posts: 1669 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 89 Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000